38 | Thicker Than Water

Addison

Freshly showered, I walked out of the bathroom as I dried my damp hair. 

"Holy fuck," I cussed, alarmed to see my twin brother seated on the edge of my bed. My heart had nearly jumped out of my chest, and I clutched my heart in attempt to calm it. "What're you doing here?"

Archer put down his phone and flashed me a weary smile. "Just checking up on you, is all."

I scoffed. "That's sweet, Arch, but I'm fine."

"This can't be about that boy, could it?" questioned Archer. "What was his name again? Ethan... Derick..."

"Eric," I corrected immediately, ignoring pain I felt in the depths of my heart at the way his name had slipped out of my mouth so naturally and casually. 

"Ah, yes," he grinned. "What happened?"

Leaving the wet towel on the floor, I sat down next to him on the bed and sighed. "I... I may or may not have confessed to a 'mo."

Hearing that, Archer burst out laughing, swinging his arm over my shoulders. Annoyed, I hit him hard on the chest, causing his roars of laughter to be replaced with groans of pain.

"Shut up, okay?" I hissed, trying to suppress a smile myself. Even I have to admit, my situation is pretty funny and would make for a fun story someday—maybe even something I could tell my future husband and kids. "I... I didn't know he liked men, otherwise obviously, I wouldn't have confessed." 

Archer pretended to wipe a tear off his face as he tried his best to stifle his laughter, but the lines of joy was fairly apparent at the corner of his eyes. "How did you do it?"

I rolled my eyes and snorted. "How else?" I replied. "I invited Morgan and him out then after a while, asked Morgan to leave." In hindsight, it was a pretty stupid plan. 

Clearly still amused, he chuckled, shaking his head. "Aw, poor baby," he cooed as he ruffled my damp hair. 

"That's not even the sad part," I said, feeling the alcohol coarse through my veins. At Archer's prompts, I'm suddenly willing to laugh at myself. 

Archer cocked an eyebrow, evidently intrigued. 

"The sad part is that this wasn't even the first time," I laughed, feeling sorry for myself. "The guy I last dated? Mhm, another 'mo."

We burst out into another fit of laughter, shaking our heads at the sheer improbability of this whole thing.

"To be fair, though, he wasn't gay when we got together," I said, wiping away the tears that had formed in my eyes—whether it was of sadness or happiness, I didn't know.

"So, I guess one could say it was you who pushed him into the gay kingdom."

"Shut up," I laughed, smacking his arm. "It's not like I made him gay or anything." My eyes suddenly widened at the realization. "Oh, shit. What if I'm the one who made him gay? 'Cause I'm so repulsive and have a, well, vagina?"

"When did my sister turn from someone all the guys pursued to someone who chased gay guys?" he asked, shaking his head. He then threw me a wan smile that made it clear he was joking. "In all seriousness, though, you're amazing, and any guy who doesn't realize that is missing out—" he paused for a moment, as though carefully formulating his next statement, picking the right words to properly get his point across "—and frankly, any guy who prefers dicks over your... uhm, you know... is a fool."