Chapter 24

Not edited.

Noah looked at the beautiful woman in front of him. She was everything he could ever wish for. Beautiful, funny, determined... Loving. He screwed up big time and he knew it. Fuck; they nearly lost her because of him. If it wasn't for Caleb keeping in touch with Melissa they would have lost her for good. He wanted so badly to hold her, to wrap his arms around her and hold her close, to comfort her, to give her back the trust she had in him, to become her protector again. But he knew she was still afraid of him. The way she cringed back into Caleb shattered his heart. This wasn't the way he wanted their lives to start.

"I think we need time. A lot's been talked about but we need to build up trust again before we take the next step."

The three in front of him slowly nodded. Abby looked relieved while James looked like he was about to argue causing him to raise his hand.

"I'm not saying never. I'm saying not tonight. When it happens there will be no doubts."

Abby looked at him. She could see that he was struggling with this but was glad he chose to do it. She didn't want her first time to happen like this. She had every girls dream of being taken out to a romantic dinner for two... well four... with candle light and music. She had no idea how exactly it would happen but she knew it couldn't be like this. She looked up at Caleb who sensed what she was trying to say and let her go as she moved while he moved his chair backwards. Abby knelt down in front of Noah and raised her hand to his stubble covered face "thank you". She lent into him and kissed him tenderly as her arms wrapped around his neck.

Noah was overwhelmed as he brought his arms up to pull her close to him. Gentle as he didn't want to scare her. Such a short time ago he'd been touching her with James and Caleb but to him this was different. That had pretty much been a full on assault of her senses where this... this was two people who loved each other moving forward; taking the first step to forgiveness. He craved this feeling. The gentle touch of a woman who loved him, who belonged to him, to them. He'd do whatever he had to in order to keep this feeling.

Slowly he drew back to look at her as he raised a hand to move a fallen trendle of her hair behind her ear. His gaze slowly met hers and he found himself short of breath as he saw the love inside them.

Abby knew she loved him. She knew more than ever in that moment that he'd stolen a large part of her heart. She could feel the hesitation in the kiss they shared. She could feel the tenseness in his body as he fought to stay in complete control most likely for the reason of not scaring her. She knew he was holding back for her, she knew how difficult it was for him. She knew that this precious moment they shared had her trusting him again.

"I love you Noah."

His eyes lit up and sparkled "I love you so much baby girl." His mouth closed over hers again, this time with less holding back, he was showing her how much she meant to him. He held her as close as he could as his tongue sought the taste of hers. She whimpered as her hands found their way into his hair gripping slightly when his hands traced the curves of her body teasing her; promising more. He could feel that she wanted more and while he wasn't willing to take things the whole way he definitely wanted to touch her more. He pulled back and rested his forehead on hers "What do you want love?"

"Touch me" she whispered. She heard the groans of the two men behind her.

"Are you sure love? We won't go all the way tonight but we will make you feel good if..." he stopped as she pressed her fingers to his mouth.

"Take me to bed."

Instantly she felt hands from behind hold her around her waist "ok baby, let's go!"

She grinned at Noah who looked up and smirked "A little eager James?"

"Hell yes. Come on! Let's go! It's late. Time for bed! Chop chop!" He was practically pulling her out of the kitchen at this point as they all laughed at him.

Noah looked at Caleb who opened his arms to him. He understood that what just happened was monumental in keeping their girl. As he held Noah he heard an almost inaudible "thank God."

A/N ok I know it isn't hugely long but there's a reason... The next scene is in the bedroom and well... You have to wait :p :D