Chapter 23: Discovery

***Carson's POV***

I don't understand what I did to Scar. I just admitted that I've liked her for the longest time, surely she would have made her decision by now on whether to go out with me, or reject me. I decided I'd take some action, and ask Betsi.

"Hi Betsi" I said, carefully approaching her. You never knew what she was going to do.

"Hey Carson, heard about your little confession, took you long enough" She said, not even looking at me, searching for something in her locker.

I groaned."Did she really take it that bad? She really doesn't like me?" I asked.

"No, she's falling hard for you, she just doesn't know yet. Best friend's intuition." she said." I think I know what's holding her back."

"What? What is it?" I pressed her.

"I don't know if I should tell you..." she trailed off reluctantly.

"Please Betsi, I really like her." I pleaded.

"Okay fine, well at the party, you were extremely drunk, really dangerous by the way, I disapprove. Anyways, you went up to Scar and almost, kind of...... half-raped her?"

"What?!" I yelled, ignoring that the whole population of the school was staring at me like I escaped from the mental hospital.

"Maybe you should talk to her about it, she probably doesn't blame you. She knows you were drunk" she said.

"Key word is probably" I muttered. "Okay, I'm going to talk to her."

"Good boy" She said, patted my head like a dog, and walked away, leaving me mumbling about her being mental.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Scar's POV***

I was trying to avoid most people all day. Most of the school would glare at me, no matter what I do. I sat down in my desk, and people glared at me like i just killed a baby polar bear. It's very stressful.

The person I was trying most to avoid was walking towards me, calling my name.

"Scar, Scar!" I heard Carson saying my name down the hallway while I sped up and walked faster dodging the people in front of me. He ran up to me, and tapped me on the shoulder. There was no avoiding him now.

"Oh, hi." I mumbled reluctantly.

"Hey Scar, I was calling for you down the hallway" he said.

"Oh yeah, I thought you were someone else that I was trying to avoid, sorry" I muttered, not really wanting to have this conversation right now.

"Oh, okay, well I wanted to talk to you about something." he said, and looked around at the people not so discretely looking at us. "Alone." with those words everyone looked away, clearly knowing he knew they were eavesdropping.

"I don't know, I have to get to class" I said, moving to the side to get away.

"Please, I know you have a free period, please talk to me." he pleaded.

How did he know my schedule?

"O-Okay..." I sighed reluctantly.

"Great!" He grinned adorably, and dragged me down to the willow tree outside.

"So...." he trailed off.

"Listen, Carson, this isn't a good idea, I've got to go" i said, standing up and grabbing my bag.