Chapter 27: Forgetting?

"Would you totally object if I...."

"Tried to rape me? Yes, I'd object"

"Not what I was going to say."

"Well then what were you going to say?

"I was going to say 'Would you totally object if I kissed you?'"

"I don't know"

And then he kissed me.

I woke up smiling. I just couldn't stop thinking about it, the scene replaying in my head. What was he thinking about it? After he kissed me, I just looked up at him in shock, my mind spinning out of control. Mostly, I was thinking what this made us, were we officially a couple? Relationships confuse me. Right as I decided to get up, my phone vibrated.

Care bear: hey

Scar: oh hi, I was just about to call you

Care bear: Can we talk? In person? I can pick you up

Scar: yeah sure, just let me get ready, pick me up in ten minutes

I'll admit it, I'm nervous, I may have just not talked the whole entire ride home, feeling incredibly awkward and out of character. I just didn't know how to react. Sure, I'd kissed other guys but Carson.... Carson was different. He was my brother's best friend, also, he was my friend. He's the guy that helps me with my homework. Most importantly, he's the guy I used to think of as a brother. Then things changed.

As I was thinking, I changed into a pair of shorts and a blue top i picked up off of the floor. So I'm not a neat person, sue me. Just as I slipped on a pair of toms, I heard the doorbell ring, I ran to grab my sunglasses and phone, and stuffed them in my back pocket while running a brush through my hair. As I ran down the stairs, I tried to calm the butterflies in my stomach. It was just like how we always hang out, right? I couldn't even convince myself of it. I knew what he wanted to talk about, and I knew it had to be done. 

I rushed to the door and when it opened I froze with fear. I know it was only Carson, but at the same time, it was Carson. The guy who could just glance at me and send shivers down my spine (N.A. don't judge me I'm trying to be cliche here).

"Hey," I mumbled, looking at my feet.

"Hi" he answered, looking just as awkward as I felt. We stayed silent for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, Carson cleared his throat.

"Let's go." and he walked to his car without looking at me. I quietly followed.

The car ride was silent and awkward, just as it had been after he kissed me. He parked the car at a local park, and we both got out. We walked to a park bench and sat down, as far away from each other as possible. For a long time we both said nothing, just sat there. I looked at the old playground no one used anymore, as I waited for Carson to start talking.

"Okay, we need to talk." he said decisively. He looked at me for a response

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

"About our... you know, kiss..." he trailed off uncertainly.

"Yeah," I responded. Where was he taking this? I don't even know what I thought of it.

"I think-" 

"How about we just forget about it?" I blurted out, interrupting him, and we both blushed.

"Wha- I... Yeah, let's just forget." Carson suddenly seemed cold and looked anywhere but me. 

"Listen... I've really got to go home, I have a lot of homework...."