Chapter 29: Courtney Makes A Comeback

After Cole and I finally focused on math again, we finished the work we started, and Cole stood up, packing his bag.

"Hey... um, you don't have to say yes, but I was wondering if you wanted to grab a coffee?" he asked hesitantly, breaking our previous silence.

"I...uh.." I stammered, not knowing what to say. Part of me was screaming at me to go, catch up with him, and maybe fix our relationship, to the point where we could be friends once more, but another part of me warned me over and over not to do it, that I would fall in his trap, and use me once more. Who knows who I could trust now, Carson's avoiding me, and Cole's already damaged what we once had. 

"Scarlet? Hello? You don't have to if you don't want to..." he trailed off, giving me a look that could've once melted me, and still had that effect, to a certain degree.

"Oh.. I..yes. I'd like that" I finally got out, realizing it would be a good idea to at least rekindle our friendship.

"Yes!" Cole practically shouted, making me laugh, like old times, "Let's go in my car, and then I can drive you back here." He walked to his car, me trailing after him, suddenly not so eager to get in his car again.

Once we got in the car, Cole chattered with me, making me laugh, and remember why I used to like, love, him. The ten minute car ride went by swiftly, thanks to Cole and his antics. There was never a moment of silence with Cole when he was happy like this. I was strangely glad that I had that effect on his whole attitude. I wondered if I would've regretted it had I said no to him.

My thoughts were cut short when I came back to reality with Cole waving a hand in front of my face, laughing, with my car door open.

"Scar? Earth to Scarlet... You still there?" He laughed, clearly finding it funny that I had drifted off.

"Oh! Sorry," I exclaimed, blushing and getting out of the car quickly, grabbing my bag.

"What were you thinking about?" he asked, still amused.

"Oh... nothing" I said innocently, batting my eyelashes exaggeratedly, making us both laugh.

We walked into the cafe, Cole pulled my chair out for me, making me blush even harder. He went up to order, already knowing my usual. When he came back, my phone rang, and I excused myself to the washroom, locking the door behind me.

"Hey, Scar! What's up? I passed by your house, and you weren't there," she said, "I just wanted to stop by before I went to Devin's."

"Oh, I see. Well I won't hold you up for long, but I'm at the cafe with..." I trailed off, knowing she'd be dying to know who I was with.

"What? Who is it? Is it Carson? Tell me!" She exclaimed quickly, completely ignoring the fact that I'd caught the fact that she was on a date.

"Well, Cole was tutoring me, after I dropped you off. I asked him to," I rushed out, hearing her gasp though the phone, "and now I'm with him getting coffee."

"Scar... Are you sure-" she started, but I cut her off swiftly.

"I'm sure, it's not a date or anything, don't worry" I assured her, knowing she was only worried for me.

"Alright, if you're sure. If he does anything, you call me and I will castrate him." I laughed, hoping she was kidding, "Well, now I've really got to go, I'm going to Devin's for a movie marathon." 

"Go on, I don't want you to be late," I teased, knowing I was making her blush.

"Oh, shut up. Bye!" and she hung up. I sighed, shaking my head slightly. We all knew Betsi was head over heels for Devin. Everyone except Betsi and Devin, that is. I walked out of the washroom to our table, stopping in my tracks when I spotted Cole with both of our drinks. And a certain blonde slut on his lap. Courtney (AUTHOR'S NOTE: Courtney is the girl Scar caught Cole with at the party, refer to Chapter 3) ran her hands on his chest, dressed in tight shorts, and a crop top. Her long blonde hair fell into his face.