Chapter 8: Revenge is a Bitch

Chapter 8: Revenge is a bitch.

"Well what do ya know?" Diane said to me menacingly with a victorious smirk, "Revenge is a bitch."

~~~

*That morning*

I walked into the class, feeling ready and nervous at the same time. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I silently chanted to myself as I made my way to Mr. H's desk, picking up the dreaded test on my way. Today was the day, the day where I prove that my tutor lessons with Carson have finally been paying off.

Today was my Mid-Term math test.

Mr. H walked to the front of the class and looked at the clock, "You may begin." Right after those words I flipped the page over and looked at the first question. Crap. I have no idea how to solve it.

Well, I'm screwed.

After 5 minutes of awkward silence and nervous patterns of breathing, I was still stuck on question 1. I couldn't concentrate, and I kept on running my hand through my hair out of frustration. I then remembered what Carson told me in case I get stuck on a question: move on. I debated against myself and decided that I should move on and look at the other questions before I accept my death. I read question 2, and I actually understood it! I was so thankful and relieved that I almost shouted out "YES". Before continuing to question 3 I said a quick prayer.

"Oh lord of Math, please please please let me, an innocent peasant, get through this test. If you do I promise you I will follow you to the ends of earth and will personally build you a shrine in my closet. Love, a faithful student who loves math with all her heart." I muttered quietly to myself and got the shush sigh from Brenda, who sat beside me. I looked up at the clock and saw that I had 1 hour and 30 minutes to finish my test, so I quickly prayed again and drove into the heart of my doom.

~~~

You know that awesome feeling you get when you finally finish something that you've been working on for a long time? That was how I felt as I victoriously danced out of the classroom, but was interrupted by a certain someone waiting for me outside of the classroom. Cole. I stopped dancing immediately and attempted to walk past him but my plans of eluding him was ruined when he stepped in front of me and said, "Hey Scar. How are you?"

I half snorted at his words. How was I? Oh, you know, just splendid besides having my heart ripped out by a guy that I used to love. But I couldn't tell him that, I needed to show him that I've moved on. "I'm fine."

His expression soften a little bit at that and he took a step closer to me, "Good, because I really want to talk to you and I'm begging you to please lis-" I ignored the rest of his sentence as I saw a familiar face behind him, Carson. I was so overjoyed just to get away from Cole that I interrupted him in mid sentence and said, "I have to go," and ran past him, towards Carson. I guess I was so happy that he saved me from Cole that I jumped into his arms. He was surprised at first but seemed extremely happy and slightly disappointed when I removed myself from him arms because people were starting to take pictures.

"I'm guessing the math test went well?" he asked me with a goofy smirk on his face.

"I was a bit nervous at first, but I think I did really well." I replied with a grin of my own. We continued to walk towards my locker and I secretively looked at him: still smiling like a freak. "Wanna tell me why you're smiling like the Joker before I call Batman?" I asked him while holding up my cell phone.

He laughed and said, "It's nothing. I'm just happy for you, and proud that one of my baby chicks has learned to fly!" He then started to flap his arms wildly like a bird, obviously trying to fly.