Chapter 6: Mean girls and Rumors

I woke up, tired and depressed, with Betsi at my side, snoring like a mammoth. Quietly, I got out of bed, trying not to wake her, and walked/shuffled to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror and instantly regretted it. My hair somehow ended up on the left side of my face, looking like a comb-over, and it lost its natural brown-blond color and just looked plain brown. The left over make up from yesterday from yesterday was so smudged that I looked like I got run over by a herd of wildebeest, and the black bags under my eyes didn't help either. Even though I looked like bloody mary, I looked better than I felt. Even though Cole was a douche, he was still the first guy I really liked. I don't think I could ever forget him, or what he did.

I heard Betsi waking up so I decided to have some fun with her. I hid behind the door and watched her slowly sleep-walk over to the bathroom and to the sink. She splashed some water on her face and began to put tooth paste on her tooth brush when I slowly stepped out from behind the door and "hovered" towards her. She looked up and saw my face and screamed and in slow motion, the toothpaste went EVERYWHERE. I burst out laughing and doubled over and watched Betsi as it began to dawn on her that I was pranking her.

"You bitch!" she screamed and started to splash me with water.

I couldn't stop laughing, "I'm sorry," I said, but had to stop because of my giggle attack, "You should have seen your face!"

"You should have seen yours! My god, if that's what happens when someone breaks your heart, then I'll being single for the rest of my life."

That got me, and I stopped laughing.

Betsi sensed that it was a sensitive topic, and she hugged me. "Scar, I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said that, but for the sake of my health and everyone else's health, will you please let me doll you up? Just for today?" she asked me with her traditional puppy eyes that could beat the cat from Shrek.

I sighed, there was no point in arguing with Betsi. "Fine," I said.

"Yes!" she said, and punched the air with triumph. "Okay, so, first we should probably work on your face, since you'll probably scar everyone who looks at you. Then we'll do your hair, maybe curling it? Oh, or maybe I can french braid it!"

I left her in her own insanity and spaced out. I couldn't think about hair or make-up, all I could think of was Cole. Even though I tried to keep him off my mind, he always popped up and I couldn't help it. I wanted desperately for the whole thing to blow over, but I knew that everyone at school probably has already heard of the entire thing; how Cole cheated on me, how I dumped him, and how heartbroken I am. Great, I'll get even more attention for it.

Betsi was done with my hair and face after 20 minutes, and finally she said, "It's done. I mean it's not the Mona Lisa but, it'll do." She smiled evilly and pushed me towards the mirror.

Wow.

"So?" Betsi asked, trying to hide her proud smirk. "What do you think?"

I gently touched my hair, which was back to its natural brown-blond color and was curled to perfection. My make-up was light but noticeable with thin eyeliner and two coats of mascara and the slightest amount of pink on my cheeks, which complimented the red lip gloss Betsi had put on me. "I think I look like someone who still has their heart intact."

Betsi sat down next to me, giving a small hug, careful not to damage the curls, "Scar, you look gorgeous. Okay? And since your hair and make-up is now perfect, thanks to moi, go find a really cute outfit that shows everyone that your fine, and you've moved on. Now go!" She ordered and slapped my butt.