Chapter 9: Blackmail and Moving out

Chapter 9: Blackmail and Moving Out

Later on, after my horrible experience, things only got worse.

At lunch, I met Betsi at our usual table.

"Are you doing anything after school? I thought we could go catch a movie,"

"Sure, but you have cheerleading, don't you?" Betsi questioned, but I stayed silent.

"Oh no. She didn't! THAT BITCH." She exclaimed. We could just read each other like that.

"Ariana kicked me off the squad. Diane replaced me," I signed. Cheerleading was a huge part of my life. I loved it, and it was like breathing to me.

"Scar, you were the best junior on that team. You were even better than some seniors. That squad won't be the same."

"Maybe, but none of that matter now." I sighed. Why did this become so complicated? I only needed a math tutor!

As if that wasn't bad enough, things just kept on going downhill.

After history, Cole came up to me.

"Hey Scar- Scarlett. I heard about the news." He said softly, as if he was trying to offer me some sort of comfort.

"What about it?" I responded coldly.

"Well, I- I just thought that you could use a, you know, friend...?" He stuttered.

"Is that what you call yourself? Wow, that's really low, trying to win a girl back when she's really stressed, and things are going haywire in her life? You really are just cheap scum, aren't you? Well guess what, I'm never going to take you back. You lost me the minute you decided to cheat on me. So please, just leave me alone." I finished, and left him standing there wondering how did everything get like this.

I just didn't need a boy in my life, no matter how much I missed our relationship. I already have too much on my plate, I don't need to add more.

~~~

During my free period, I met Carson near the willow tree outside near the soccer field.

"You okay?" He started to question me, but I brushed it off as stress. Hell no, I'm not okay.

"Well, if you say say so," He replied hesitantly, "Let's just start, okay?"

I found that math was becoming increasingly easy. I'm not saying I'm a math super genius or anything because I had a few tutoring sessions, but I'm not a failing delinquent.

We tried to focus, but we found I could accomplish the lesson without any help, so we just laid down and talked.

"So, if you don't want to answer, you don't have to, but have you found out who is trashing your stuff?" he asked.

"Trashing my stuff, and not to mention my life." I exclaimed. " Well, it's..." But before I could finish, I got a text. It read:

UNKNOWN: poor little Scarlett, u think u had it bad before? Tell anyone it was us and it'll be 10x worse <3

I sat up in alarm, and spotted Ariana and Diane sat on the benches across from us, both of them smiling evilly.

"What's wrong?" A comforting voice penetrated my thoughts.

"Oh, uh, noth- nothing" I stuttered out.

"Okay, so who did you think the people were?'

"Um, I don't know who it is. I've got to go, Carson," I rambled, then hurriedly walked away. What would they do to me if I had told Carson? Would they frame me for something, then get me expelled? Would they switch my test questions with crappy answers? I didn't doubt that they would stoop low enough to do that. What did I do to make them so mad? I get Diane should be heartbroken, but why take it out on me? Carson is one of my best friends, nothing more, and everybody knows that.

~~~

In the morning, I got my stuff ready, and walked downstairs. There my mom was, leaning against the kitchen counter, looking crumpled and disheveled.

"Mom?" I asked her worriedly. "What's wrong?"

She sniffed. "Your father, he left, mov- moved out. It's all m- my fault! I was t- too hard on him!" She hiccuped, and burst into tears.

"No, no Mom! It's not your fault, it's going to be okay!" I comforted, and threw my arms around her. On the outside, I remained calm, but on the inside, my heart broke all over again.

---

AN:

Thanks for reading another chapter of NYTLS! Let us know how it is by commenting below! Don't forget to vote!

~ Emz