Chapter 19: The Dates; Part 1

***Scar's P.O.V.***

The bell above my head rang musically as I stepped into the Starbucks. I turned around and waved at Betsi, who had just dropped me off. She waved back and sped away. I took a last glance at the sky, it was dark and stormy. I prayed it wouldn't come down when I had to leave.

I glanced at the time on my phone, 3:06, I was six minutes late. I looked around the Starbucks for Noah... there! He was reading a book with a title I couldn't see. I hurried over to him. "Hey! Sorry I'm late," I said, dropping into the seat across from him.

"It's fine," he told me quietly, putting his book down.

"And thanks again for meeting me here, I know we were supposed to work on our project later tonight but I have to go out with Cole," I would have loved to spend tonight working on our project instead of on a date with Cole, no such luck.

"You excited?" Noah asked me, just making polite conversation, I guess. I smiled.

"Dreading, is more like it, nobody wants to go on a date with their ex, myself included." I ran a hand through my hair. Noah started to get his notebook out. "Um, I'm gonna get a coffee, you want anything?" I asked him. He shook his head, causing hair to fall in his eyes.

I got my coffee and started walking back to Noah who now had his notebook, pencil and eraser out and was waiting for me. His hair was still in his eyes and I couldn't help but smile, it was too cute.

We worked for an hour and I managed to finish only half of my coffee in that time, maybe I should've gotten a smaller size. Noah bent his head and scribbled something into his notebook.

I forgot about the project for a second. My mind flipped to my date tonight. How was I supposed to spend two hours with Cole?I wasn't sure I could spend two minutes with him anymore. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair.

I wish it was a date with Noah, it might be quiet but I could totally spend two hours with him, I'd done it before. For a second, I pictured the date with Cole but instead it was with Noah. I shook my head to clear the thought, no, Noah wouldn't go on a date with me. He considered me just a friend, I was sure of it. "Scar? Scaaaaaar, earth to Scarlet!" Noah said and I snapped back into reality.

"Sorry," I said, blushing, well, scarlet. I was so glad humans couldn't read minds. Imagine if Noah knew what I'd been thinking about.

"When I said that a rabid bunny rabbit went insane and killed everyone in the store except for us, you just nodded and said 'That's nice,'" Noah told me.

"Actually?" I asked him, blushing a little.

"Oh yeah, and when I asked you what color your hair was, you sighed," Noah went on, laughing. I blushed even deeper red.

"I'm so sorry, I just got lost in my thoughts," I said.

"Apparently, what were you thinking about?" he asked me and I paused, what do I say?!

"Um, my date with Cole," I said, it wasn't a complete lie, it had been the first thing I'd thought of, I was just choosing not to go into detail about what else I'd been thinking about.

"Ok then," Noah said, I could tell he didn't really believe me but wasn't going to question it. "Can I see what you've written so far?" he asked me, turning back to the project.

"Sure," I passed him the notebook and he passed me his, I skimmed through it but didn't really take any of it in. Instead I started playing with my cup, not drinking the coffee. I left it sitting on the edge of the table as Noah passed me my notebook again.