Chapter 11: Bloody Noses, Black Eyes and Bad Books

*Carson's P.O.V*

"Dude, what the hell was that?" Nate asked me while the nurse tried to examine my bloody nose. I tried not to wince.

"Honestly, I have no idea." I replied unhelpfully.

Nate ran his hand through his hair in frustration and sighed, "I think it has something to do with Scar." He looked at me, looking to see if he was right. "Look, Car, I know that you've told me before about your little 'crush' on Scar, and I totally support it. If you really like her, go for it, treat her right and don't let her get away. Oh and beat up that Cole kid in the process."

I looked up at Nate to see if he was joking, he wasn't, he was grinning at me and I couldn't help but smile back. However this backfired on my part because of my nose. 

"Oh god, please stop smiling, you look like the joker with a bloody nose." Nate said, trying to stifle his laughter.

"Then stop making me laugh," I replied with a small crooked smile.

"Alrighty boys," the nurse said, "You're free to go, just put something cold on your nose until tomorrow and come back to see me, kay?" She gave me a cold towel and shooed me and Nate out. When we left her office I saw Cole on the couch, trying not to touch his black eye, which I rightfully gave him, and his friend, Keith beside him. Cole sensed us coming but ignored us anyways. He and Keith got up and started to leave when Mrs. Mason stepped out of her office.

~~~

*Cole's P.O.V*

I saw them coming out from the nurse's office; Carson holding a towel to his nose and Nate close behind him. I was about to return to my classes when Mason stopped me. 

"Nate, Keith, you can return to your classes, thank you for your help," she said strictly while looking at them, then she zoomed in on me and Carson. "I need to have a little chat with Carson and Cole."

I sat down in my usual seat and Carson sat down in the chair beside me. We both waited for her-Mason to start. She looked at both of our injuries and chuckled.

"Fighting over a girl?" She questioned us.

None of us said anything.

"I see. Well, you should know that having two guys fighting over you is every girl's dream. However, it is also stupid. And can get you suspended. " She looked at us for a brief second then continued, "You should be focusing on how to get the girl to like you, not beating up your competition."

We both remained silent.

Mason was a late 30 something that once went to Monterrey Preparatory. She and I actually got pretty close during the times she's busted me. I expected to get off this with a week's detention, at most. 

She turned and looked at me, "Cole, I have witnesses saying that you attacked Mr. Crawford, is that correct?" 

"Yep," I replied, not pausing a beat. 

"Thank you for admitting the error of your ways. Because of that, I will let you off with only a week of detention." Knew it. 

She then looked at Carson. "Mr. Crawford, I expected more from you, an honor student, an art prodigy and a prime candidate for school president next year." She sighed, as if it caused her great pain. "My sources tell me that you gave Mr. Martins here a black eye, is that right?" She paused to look at him, who looked ashamed. "I can't say that he didn't deserve it, but still I have to punish you. However, you are a model student so I will let you off with a warning."

Carson gave a silent nod.

"Good, let this be a lesson to you both. Now get out, I have to deal with a student who apparently used his free time in Chemistry class to make marijuana," She said and showed us the way out. 

I walked out of her office without even looking at Carson and looked for Scar, instead I bumped right into Betsi.

~~~

*Betsi's P.O.V*

I was on my way to rehearsals when someone blindly rammed into me.

"Watch where you're going!" I complained to the blind idiot when I looked up and saw Cole, the asshat who cheated on Scar, and had the nerve to start a fight with Carson. God, I can't even look at him. I started to walk away when he desperately grabbed my elbow. 

"Look, Betsi, I really need to talk to you. Can we please go somewhere to talk?" He pleaded.

"Oh sure, because I LOVE talking to douche bags who emotionally ripped my best friend's heart from her rip cage." 

He tried again.

"Okay Betsi, I know that I'm in your bad books, but-" I interrupted him with a scoff. 

"Bad books? BAD BOOKS? Jack the Ripper, Hitler, and my little cousin Troy who once glued my hair and my cat, Fluffy, together are in my bad books, but YOU, are in my "Must-Murder-In-Sleep" books, you get my drift?" He nodded. "Good. And if you ever talk to me or Scar again, I will reach my hand down your throat and shove my other hand up your ass and shake my own hand." With that last word I stomped away, leaving Cole with the mental image.

~~~

*Scarlet's P.O.V* 

Well. That was an interesting lunch. After fleeing the crime scene I ran to my next class, History, hoping to avoid everyone. I tried to focus on Mr. Mackintosh's lecture but images of the fight between Carson and Cole played over and over in my head like a movie. What the hell were they thinking? They clearly weren't thinking. 

"OMG, did you see the fight between Carson and Cole during lunch?" said Kendra, who sat infront of me in a loud whisper to her friend. 

"Yes, OMG, they went ALL out. Did you know that some people say that the fight was because of Scarlett? I heard that they both want her!" Her friend squealed back.

I blocked the rest of their conversation and tried to listen to Mr. Mackentosh's lecture about the Victorian Times but to no avail. Their squeals and 'whispers' penetrated my concentration. 

I was about to turn around and introduce them to a little thing called silence when something in their conversation sparked my interest.

"Oh yeah, I totally agree, I think that Carson really does like her, like legit like her."

And that got me thinking, does he like me? I've always seen him in a platonic, friendly and brotherly way, and I've always thought that he only liked me because of Nate. Nate. Crap, what would he do if he found out that Carson might like me? Oh god. I put my fingers to my temple and rubbed it, trying to get rid of the headache all this thinking has given me. 

"But who will she choose? The bad boy or the nice guy?"

"OMG, we should make teams! Team Carson or Team Cole! And she can be like Bella from Twilight!

"Or Katniss from The Hunger Games!"

"Or Elena from The Vampire Diaries!"

"Or," I chirped in, "Maybe my sole purpose in life isn't to choose between two guys." 

And with that, both girls silently went back to their textbooks as I watched in satisfaction. I knew I had to solve my boy problems though. I couldn't let Cole and Carson fight it out to try and figure it out for me. I had to talk to the both of them, especially Carson. 

---

AN:

Hoped you liked that! Thanks for reading and plus vote or comment or fan!

Picture of Betsi because she's awesome :)

~ Jess