Chapter 33: A Happy Ending?

*WARNING*
BE READY FOR THE MOST EMOTIONAL CHAPTER OF MY BAD BOY LOVE.

Bellas's POV

"Hello?"

"Uh hey Ryder, if you're not too busy, I um actually wanted to talk to you about something."

"Go for it."

"Bella, spill it. I know you didn't call me to leave me off thinking with a cliffhanger."

"Well I just wanted to say, that maybe we should break up..."
This was clearly not very easy for me.

"Stop right there. Was it something I did?"

"No, its not you, its me."

"Don't dare using those cheesy ass lines on me."

"Ryder, please, I'm saying this because this is whats best for us. You deserve better, you always did deserve better than me."

Next thing I heard was a long beep, he had cut the phone. Thats kind of what I figured would happen. I should've done this long time ago, I know, but at least the burden is off my shoulder now, even though it still stings that I've hurt a guy like Ryder.

The next day, I walked to school, I tried my best to have a smile on my face for my friends but it was hard to maintain it with things swarming around in my brain. As the bell rang, I got my binders from my locker and headed for class. Believe me when I say literally every seat was taken except the one besides Zachary Jordan. Seriously? Today's the day the class decides to arrive in time?

There sat Zach, who secretly look at me from the corner of his eye as I plopped down beside him. There was nothing but a dead silence among us as everyone was chatting with their friends. Things couldn't get awkward right? Wrong.
Soon Ms. Brown grabbed everyones attention with her talking, making things a little bit easier for me.

"Chop, chop guys, put everything away and be ready to reenact a scene from Romeo and Juliet. As you know we've already read till act 2 scene 5, so I'll put you into small groups to present this for a better understanding. This presentation needs to be about 10-15 mins long, so we'll cut out the parts of the characters with the fewest lines. I'll pick your groups, I'll pick what section you'll be doing and I'm picking who you're playing."

My fingers were crossed. In hopes that I wouldn't be the same group as Zach. But that wish soon went down the drain.

"ACT 1 SCENE 5: Max, Zach, Ashlyn, and Bella. Max is Capulet, Zach is Romeo, Ashlyn is the nurse and Bella is Juliet."

"Man, I was wishing to be Zach's Juliet." Ashlyn whined, batting her eyelashes at Zach. And what was I doing? I was just sinking into my seat, wanting to disappear. That scene is exactly where Romeo and Juliet kiss. I officially hate my life.

We decided to go to my house for practice, and let me tell you Ashlyn would NOT stop pointing out reasons why I shouldn't be Zach's Juliet or just Juliet overall. I really didn't mind switching roles. Really. I know it wasn't my fault, to be honest it was no ones fault but having those moments with him made me feel weird. Felt like my stomach was filled with butterflies. We soon began practicing our lines. Max was really good at being old Capulet, well at least someone was enjoying their role. Then the time came. Zach and I stepped up, just looking back into each others eyes.

"AHEM, any day now..." Max said awkwardly, motioning towards us.

"Right, uh, um, lets start." We both chimed together.

Thats when we got to the kiss.

"Saints do not move, though grant for prayers' sake." I attempted, trying not to stutter or mumble.