Chapter 38: The Comeback

How've you guys been? THATS RIGHT IM STILL ALIVE. Now lets get straight to the point ;)
------------------------------------

Bella's POV

There he stood, leaning on the doorframe for support, trying to meet my eyes, I could sense and see the hurt in them, but also a feeling of satisfaction were screaming out from them just from seeing me. Now this was a surprise.

All that grabbed my attention was the way he looked: hair ruffled, left eye was black and blue, his nose had a steady trickle of dry blood while the rest of his body was covered with bruises and what looked like lashes of a belt. I can't even imagine how he felt going through it all. It just kept stinging me just seeing him like that.

"Can I come in or are you just gonna stand there like I killed you with my looks?" There it was even through his pain he flashed his signature smirk that still melts my heart to this day.

"C-come in." I stuttered, looking down at the ground so he wouldn't see the tears forming. He used the wall to help him walk, he really was weak. He took a look around before resting his eyes on me.

"Seems like nothing here has changed at all except maybe you. You definitely look far more stunning than the last time I've seen you. And, babe, gotta say for the first time I don't look as attractive as you do."

"No thats not it, I mean how did- why did this- I just--" before I could even figure out what I was trying to say, he came closer and cupped my face.

"Happy, HAPPY birthday, Bella." And with that he brought out flowers from the back of him, which looked like they were just freshly picked.

"Oh and do thank your mom for giving birth to a beautiful soul."

I couldn't hold it in anymore, I hugged him with all my might like I've never hugged him before. Basically I was hugging the life out of him and I wasn't quite ready to let go yet.  It felt like I finally found what I've been missing through all these days, which was the Zach I knew.

"Damn that hurts, are you a girl or a python trying to suffocate me? Cuz trust me you're succeeding. Seems to me like someone's missed me too much." He smirked weakily. I backed up a bit, last thing I wanted to do was hurt him even more than he already was.

"I'm just kidding, come here bud." He quickly pulled me back in and kissed my forehead.

"Zach, whats going on? How did this happen? You were just few hours ago." I let out a muffled cry in his shirt.

"Listen Bella, I can explain, whoever you've been with, it wasn't me. Haven't you noticed a sudden change here? An eerie type of change. Its all part of a plan, part of Ryder's plan, trust me he's doing it all. I've wanted to tell you for the longest time and he knew I did, he's trying to hurt you. That guy himself posing to me was trying to hurt you. But he hasn't done anything yet right?"

I was slackened with shock, why would Ryder do this? What have I ever done to him to achieve this? How are there 2 people with the same face? So many questions started floating, I didn't understand, its like my brain and my life both needed to be rebooted. Everything just seems to unclear and scrambled all around, like a mystery.

"Impossible..." I finally let out, still in shock

"Anything's possible, if there can be 2 people with the same exact face with you, then anything..."

"Zach, only thing I'm concerned bout is cleaning you upright now. Lemme get the first aid box, you stay put." I ordered.

"Yeah, as if I have the energy to go anywhere!" He hollered back.