Chapter 22

Aria’s POV:

I wake up after the best sleep I have ever had. I feel so warm, safe, and loved. I keep my eyes closed and snuggle deeper into my covers and the two warm hard bodies on either side of me. As I remember last nights events my eyes snap open and I look at the two bodies next to me. On my right side I look and find Alex sleeping peacefully and might I add he looks yummy, but I’m still mad at him. I then turn and look to my left and see Xavier sleeping. I lay there looking at him and taking in his features. He has blonde hair that is kind messed up with his bead head, he has kissable lips just like Alex, and as I look up I feel like I am trapped by the most beautiful artic blue eyes with red specks I have ever seen.

“Good morning beautiful” Xavier whispers.

“Morning” I say shyly.

“You wanna go downstairs and talk so we don’t wake up Alex” he asks me. I nod my head and we climb out of bed being careful not to wake Alex. As we step into the hallway he closes the door quietly and takes my hand to lead me downstairs. When we reach the living room I notice that we are the only two people awake.

“Is everyone still sleeping” I ask him.

“Yeah after everything that happened last night I didn’t hear some people come in till about 3 this morning. And before you ask I have no idea what they were doing or what happened, Alex and I never left your side after we went to the room last night, unless to go to the bathroom” he says looking down. He sits in a big arm chair while I stand within arm’s reach.

“About last night” I start to say.

“You don’t have to say anything I should apologize. It’s harder for Alex and I to watch someone else help you, you are our mate and we should be the one to help you” he says.

“But you also have to understand that I have no idea what is going on either. Everything is new to me too, all this started happening after I became Alpha of this pack there are a lot of things we don’t understand and Max has helped me before we don’t know how or why he is able to he just is. So until we know what is going on we are just as clueless as you are” I say to him starting to cry because of how frustrating everything is.

“Hey don’t cry I didn’t mean to make you cry” he says sounding hurt and pulls me on his lap.

“You didn’t make me cry. I’m just so frustrated I don’t know what is wrong with me I can’t control it most of the time and I feel like I’m not good enough for you and Alex or this pack” I whisper and mumble the last part hoping he didn’t hear me.

“Look at me” he says with force and I shake my head still looking at my lap. He puts his hand under my chin and tilts my face up making me look at him.

“I don’t ever want to hear you say something like that again do you understand me. Alex and I adore and love you already and this pack loves you. I can already tell you turned this pack into a family and not just a pack. Whatever is happening with you we will figure this out together all of us, especially Alex and I.”

“How can you love me you don’t even know me. Xavier I am a freak I am a quarter demon, a quarter vampire, and half shifter, and I mean shifter because I can shift into any cat I want along with shifting into a wolf. You and Alex could do so much better” I say and try to get up. He wraps both arms around my waist and holds me to him while I struggle to get up.

“I am not letting you go Aria” he says in a deadly growling voice. “You are my mate, we will get to know each other and even then I will only love you more. And as for you being mixed I don’t care I actually love that about you. I want to be able to hunt with you and feed but so will Alex and you can do both because you are a mixture of what we are” he says into my ear. “Stop moving I am never letting you go” he says with his emotions of love, truth, and certainty all coming through.