Chapter 8

Aria’s POV:

I am so happy that jade has found her mate she deserves to be happy I think as I walk back to where Conner’s friends are standing watching the two with smiles on their faces. “Sooo I’m glad I dragged Jade over here.”

“So are we. I mean Conner has been looking for his mate for the past 400 years” says one friend.

“Give or take a few years” says another friend.

“He is HOW OLD” I ask with wide eyes. They just laugh at my reaction. “I’m glad you find me funny” I say as I stick out my tongue.

“Sorry but I’ve never met another vampire/demon hybrid act that way. I’m Jack, Conner’s best friend by the way” says the Jack.

I look at him and he is pretty cute. Blond spiked surfer hair and the darkest brown almost black eyes I have ever seen with red specs in them and I know he is a demon. “I’m Aria and I am only a quarter vampire and a quarter demon” I say not wanting to revel that I also have shifter blood. It isn’t uncommon for a vampire/demon hybrid to mate or at least have children with humans but to have a vampire/demon hybrid mate with a shifter is unheard of. And from what we were told from the very first pack that we were with is that if certain people knew what we were we would be killed on site. Don’t ask why because I have no idea that’s why Jade was so worried about her being with Conner. “So none of you mind she is a shifter right?”

“No why would we” Jack says turning to look at me.

“Because I heard that vampires and shifters couldn’t be together.”

“Well that is partly true. I think that rule was only made for the originals.”

“Oh ok” I say pretending to know what he is talking about but I have no clue. “Well I was hoping all of you would join us for dinner to meet the others but I would need to know your names first.”

“We would love to” Jack says. “And so you know everyone over there is Max, Chad, and Chase.” I look at them one by one Max is 6’ with the same spike surfer hair but his is dark brown almost black, golden eyes that have the same red specks in them as Jack making him a demon, and he built like body guard built with abs and muscular arms. Next I look at Chad he has light brown hair that is almost a dirty blond but not quite, beautiful Hazel eyes, and is built almost like Max but not as buff and he is also 6’. It takes me a minute but I realize he is a wolf. I look at him with wide eyes and he nods his head. Shit he knows I’m part shifter and he heard me say I was a quarter vamp and demon. I look at him pleading and he mouths we will talk later. I nod and turn my head to get a good look at Chase. He is 5’11, shorter than the others but still way taller than me, he has black spiked hair with side bangs, and the most gorgeous green eyes I have ever seen, they are not as bright as Cole’s but not as dark as Travis’ just a perfect in between color, and he is skinnier than the others but he looks like an MMA fighter with his 8 pack which I can see perfectly threw his tight black t-shirt. I then notice he is a cat shifter and silently groan. After I take them all in I smile a little smile and think ‘well shit this outta be fun.’

“Are you and Max brothers” I ask Jack.

“Yeah, how did you know no one ever picks that out.”

“Just a lucky guess” I say with a small smile.

Jade we should start going to meet the guys and you need to meet his friends who you have left me standing here with and two know my secret now.’

Ok I’m coming.’

“Well I think we should start heading to the restaurant to meet with the others” I say to everyone even Conner.