Chapter 17

Alex’s POV:

In front of me I see all the guys standing around the girls protectively. I see some of the guys have cuts on them and that’s the blood I am smelling.

“Hey Aria you remember what you did that night in the alley” Nick asks her.

“Yeah I can try to do it again” she replies. What are they talking about the only way to get rid of these rouge demons is with fire. Trying to think of something my head snaps to Aria as she yells “GET DOWN!”

I look at her hands and notice they are on fire. What the hell I think my mind racing. She throws a fireball at the attacking rouges and they burn instantly. She does the same with the rest of them and after about 10 minutes everything is over. I look at Aria and her hands are still covered in flames. Nick and Cole pull away from their mates and rush over to her. After they reach her they try to calm her but it’s not working. I force myself to walk over to her and pull her to me wrapping my arms around her. I whisper soothing words and I see the fire disappear. I pick her up bridal style and walk into my room shutting the door behind us.

“Just let them be” I hear Max say from the other side of the door. As I reach the bed I lay Aria down and she turns over and faces the wall. I hear her crying though she is trying to hide it and it breaks my heart.

“Princess it will be ok” I try to comfort her.

“For you maybe but for me it won’t. Who is going to want a mate that is a freak? Who is going to want a mate that is a quarter vampire, a quarter demon, and half a shape shifter? Tell me who Alex” she says crying even harder. Before I could answer the door is busted open and Cole runs in picking her up and sitting her on his lap. I watch in envy as he rocks her and plays with her hair while cooing soothing words to her. Not being able to watch anymore I walk over to her and kiss the top of her head. I look at Cole and tell him I’m going to make a phone call. He nods his head and goes back to comforting Aria.

I walk out of the room and go up to the roof calling Xavier.

“What’s wrong” he answers after the first ring.

“It’s Aria, dude she can create fire not just manipulate it” I say still reeling from the previous events.

“What do you mean create fire” he asks unbelieving.

“I mean when we got back to the hotel there were rouge demons attacking her pack and Nick asked her if she remembered what she did in the alley she said yes. The next thing I know is her hands are covered in flames and she is taking out the demons like they were flies” I explain.

“How is that possible? Wait why aren’t you with her now” he asks getting angry with me.

“Cole is with her after what happened I carried her to the room and she started crying. I was heart breaking she asked me who would want a freak as a mate, who would want a quarter vampire, a quarter demon, and half shape shifter as a mate? God it was heartbreaking Xav” I say frustrated with myself because I can’t do anything. On the other side I hear Xavier growling.

“How could she think we don’t want her that’s just stupid and before you say it who cares what our parents and the Counsel will say, she is our mate and we both want her. I will meet you in Oregon tomorrow and we will explain everything to her then okay.”

“Alright I will see you tomorrow be careful. Oh and Xav bring that betrothed of yours” I say smirking.

“Fine I will bring her and you don’t leave our mates side again got it” he says.

“Yes sir” I say jokingly and hang up. As I hang up I hear the door open and see Crissy standing there.

“Aria is asking for you” she says. I nod and walk to go be with my mate.