Chapter 16

Chapter 16:

Lily's POV:

A couple of hours later I began to feel straight anger. I healed Colton for her, Cameron said he loved me.

I was going back to my father. I will not be with anyone who does not believe me. I rather spend my years alone.

My veins flashed and the locks melted off easily. I fell to the ground and my vision blurred. My heart rate slowed as I stood up.

My vision danced as I walked up the stairs grabbing on to anything in sight.

Once I got to the top I felt like closing my eyes, but I pulled myself up and kept walking. I panted and clutched onto the wall as I rounded into the war room.

Colton's POV:

I sensed someone come down the hallway as we prepared for battle. Cameron stared blankly at the map. His skin was pale and his eyes were tired.

I heard a slowed heart rate and I turned as Lily entered, everyone looked up as she fell to the floor; her skin was pale and her eyes were lifeless. Her veins were black and were showing through her pale skin. Guards went to grab her and I growled. They froze and I bent down.

"Get her downstairs." My mom said.

"She's dying." I murmured.

"What!?" Cameron exclaimed.

"She is dying!" I yelled. I picked up her lifeless body and rushed her to the infirmary and laid her on the table. The doctor swung over and began hooking her up to an IV and a heart monitor. As he did the line began to go dead. Cameron stopped in fear and his eyes popped out of his head.

"Clear." Doc said as he shocked her chest. She heaved up and the line stayed flat.

"Clear." He said again and the same thing happened. It was silent as everyone watched.

"Clear." He said and the line caught back up. Cameron took a deep breath.

"That was your fault." Cameron said.

"Cam, I'm sorry." Mom said.

"No. You should have believed her. She has been nothing but helpful since she was here. Christ she saved Colton from the verge of death."

"You are all to blame." I said.

What are you talking about?" Cameron asked.

"Mom. She saved me. That should be good enough to know she is not a spawn of Damen and Cam...she is your mate. You should have tried harder. If she was my mate this wouldn't have happened." I said harshly.

"Well she isn't your mate." He said angrily.

"Exactly. Which is why you need to step up. She isn't my mate but she saved my life. I promised her that I would always protect her. Not as a mate but as a big brother." I said staring him in the eyes.

"She has no connection with Damen. She barely spent time with her father. She was always locked away for killing guards." I snapped while leaving the room to go and think for s moment.