Chapter 31

Chapter 31:

"Finally, Lilith. A Mage who has joined our school recently under the reign of our lady. She has finally gained her staff." Our principal said. He handed me a black staff with three dragon heads coming out of the top. It was pure black but the intricate details were amazing. I sighed amazed at what I have achieved.

"Congratulations, future first enchanter." He said. Suddenly everyone began clapping and caps flew off into the atrium. I smiled happily and held onto my bulging stomach as I descended the steps.

"This thing is actually getting super heavy." I sighed as Cameron helped me down the stairs.

"Remember? We are done now." He said kissing my cheek as we walked towards our parents. My father stood a little away.

"Do you like it, Lily?" He asked.

"I love it. It's perfect." I smiled.

"I had it crafted specifically for you. It is like the one that the Goddesses used to carry except black. As you finally level into first Enchanter you will receive one that is gold." He explained.

"Thank you, dad. It means a lot." I smiled. He hugged me tightly and kissed my head.

"Anything for my darling girl."

"Are you going to stay?" I asked.

"I would love to but I can't. I must return to realm. I cannot leave it unattended for too long or the guards will have every Mage imprisoned." He sighed rolling his eyes.

"Ok. Will I see you soon?"

"Of course you will. You need to stay here where the good doctors are. I will return. I promise." He said kissing my forehead again. He clasped my hands together and smiled.

"Listen to the doctor, do everything he tells you and please be safe." He asked.

"I will." I smiled. He gave me one last hug and then left with guardsmen following behind him. I turned back to Cameron who was laughing and talking to his friends. I decided to not interrupt and I sat on a small bench just a little bit away under a tree. I rested my staff beside me and lightly rubbed my small stomach. It was large to me just because I always enlarged things but it was heavy.

I hummed lightly as everyone took pictures and said their goodbyes. I did not make friends here considering I was only here for one semester but I might as well let everyone else enjoy themselves.

"What are you doing over here?" Colton asked. I looked up and shifted over.

"Watching everyone say their goodbyes." I said.

"You don't have anyone to say goodbye to?" He asked.

"I wasn't here for long. I didn't really talk to anyone." I said watching the guardsmen near the king and queen and Courtland and Dimitri.

"I guess you have that right. You didn't have time to make friends." He agreed.

"Exactly I moved here second semester and I was gone for over half of it dealing with Damen and dark angels." I said huffing.

"Tired, eh?" He laughed.

"I am. Once I get home I am taking a nice hot bath and then I am sleeping for like three days." I laughed.

"How are you feeling overall?" He asked curiously.

"Better than last time which is good. But holy shit is this heavy. Walking around school all day, sleeping in shitty beds and sitting in shitty chairs takes a toll on a pregnant woman's body." I admitted, as everyone began coming over. Colton took my hands and helped me up and I grimaced.

"Jesus..." I whispered under my breath.

"Are you alright?" Cameron asked nervously.

"I'm fine. Lets just go home." I whispered.