Chapter 2

AN: oh my I haven't updated this story in a long time :D

Chapter 2:

Lilith's POV:

"What are you?" I asked bluntly. Colton stared at me confused.

"Excuse me?" He asked confused.

"You are not werewolf nor are you an elf. You are a hybrid?" I asked.

"Yes I am. Lady Courtland and Lord Dimitri raised me as their own after I was found by myself in the forest." He answered.

"You are not casteless." I mused. Elves were huge on popularity. It was sickening.

"No I am not."

"Do you know who your birth parents are?" I asked. I walked around him studying him like a test subject.

"No I don't. I wish I knew." He responded.

"I could find out for you." I said.

"You could?" He asked surprised.

"Yes. I prick your finger and take the small blood sample." I blurted. Whoa! Back up, Lilith. What if werewolves believe blood magic is bad too. Shit.

"Uh...I mean..." I began.

"Don't worry, Lily." He said patting my shoulder.

"My apologies. I have to remember that I am a blood mage." I sighed.

"It's okay your secret is safe with me." He responded.

"Actually it's not." I said laughing shakily. He stared at me with a crooked brow. I sighed and lifted my side bangs to reveal a red crescent of a sun.

"Every blood Mage is branded. As you dabble in more blood magic the crescent expands."

"Aren't blood mages usually...executed?" He asked uncomfortably.

"It's okay." I said laughing as we began walking down the hallway.

"Usually they are but I was not..."

"Why? If you don't mind me asking." He added quickly.

"It's okay. I never had a chance to talk about this to anyone." I smiled. He smiled too and I turned my head back and began.

"My father, Tidus is first enchanter and I have an unnatural power that stops them from doing anything."

"I remember my mom saying that you can stick your hand in someone's chest and rip it out." He said.

"Yea. So I have a future of being first enchanter although the guards do not want to allow it because I have dabbled in blood magic."

"But you just dabbled." He stated.

"Exactly. But it is because I killed some guards using my ungodly powers." I sighed.

"I see." He laughed.

Cameron's POV:

I was off on my search for Lily. I had no clue what I would say to her. Maybe ask her if she wanted a tour? As I rounded the corner I heard voices and one in particular made my alpha side come out. See it worked out perfectly because Connor was a beta, henceforth he would be my beta.

Anyways I listened in to the conversation. They were laughing.

"So how many guards did you kill?" That was Colton's voice.

"Twenty three." That was Lily's voice.

"Holy shit! That's insane." He laughed. Was he hitting on her? I growled harshly and stepped out.

"Oh hey Cam." Colton smiled.

"Colton." I greeted harshly.

"Hi Cameron." Lily smiled. She showed her dazzling white teeth that stood out against her dull lilac eyes. It was a Mage thing to have oddly coloured eyes. The lilac colour was rare but it suited her light brown hair colour.

"Lily."I greeted friendlier.

"Is something troubling you, brother?" Colton asked immediately catching on to what I was pissed about.

"Nothing is wrong. Connor wishes for your help in werewolf history. Since you are interested in Lord Uriel he wishes for your help." That was a lie. Mom always told us the story about Lord Uriel.

"I will see him at once." He said giving Lily a goodbye smile. He left and I turned back to Lily.

"He doesn't need help, you just want me to yourself, dog." She said amused and running her finger along my chest and walking around me.

"Yea right." I scoffed.

"I'm a Mage, dog. I can read your mind. I heard you from around the corner. You say I am your mate." Holy shit she actually could...

"And?" I stated.

"And...I am not a werewolf so I do not feel these mating symptoms."

"Because you are a mage...but don't lie to me, Lily." I said grabbing her upper arms and pushing her back into the wall. She looked up surprised but you could see the excitement in her eyes.

"You feel the surge of magic when I touch you...and you love it."

"Yea right." She scoffed mockingly. I laughed and smirked at her.

"Lily I'm the son of the Lady and a true alpha. I have some strange gifts as well. The magic surge is like an adrenaline rush. Like the one you get when you think about blood magic." I said moving away her bangs to reveal the beautiful red crescent on her forehead.

"How do you know this?" She demanded.

"I can feel emotions. These gifts are stronger with your mate. I can practically read you like an open book."

"You're lying." She said nervously.

"You know I'm not but you don't want to believe in it." I said. She frowned studying me. I let go and moved back.

"I have made my point. Take it or leave it." I said walking down the hallway.

"What do you mean take it or leave it?" He asked.

"My offer. Take me as a mate or leave me. Although it will drive you insane." I said cockily. She scoffed or she tried to. She was hesitant.