Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Cameron's POV:

"What is wrong, Lilith?" Mom asked. She walked forward hesitantly and everyone watched her carefully. She stared down at Colton sadly.

"May I?" She asked cautiously gesturing to Colton. Mom moved and Lily lifted his arm carefully holding onto his wrist tightly and pressing her whole hand onto his forehead. She murmured something quietly and her whole body lit up brighter than before.

The blue magic surged through Colton's veins rapidly and dark liquid came from his forehead.

His eyes suddenly opened and he coughed at the breathing tube in his throat. Lily pulled away and mom carefully removed his tube as he sat up confused.

"What happened?" He asked. Mom smiled happily and pushed back his hair.

"You were scouting, darling. Hunters shot you and Lily healed you." She said happily. I looked back and Lily was pale and her eyes were dull.

"Lil, are you okay?" I asked standing up. She looked up and smiled weakly.

"I'm...fine..." She said tiredly.

"Maybe you should sit down, Lillith." Mom said. Lily nodded and she took a shaky deep breath and fell to the floor. I was beside her in a flash as she laid unconcious. A nurse came into the room and looked down.

"I have a First Enchanter on sight." She said quickly walking out. A grizzled old man came in shortly with a staff on his back.

"Ahh, Lillith. What a surprise." He said smiling. He took off his staff and mumbled a few words and the colour rushed back into Lily's face. She sat up as her eyes glowed brightly.

"I'm sorry." She apologized...Always apologizing. I laughed lightly and helped her up.

"Enchanter Smithy?" She asked turning.

"Lilith, I'm glad you remember me." He smiled.

"Of course I do! The only enchanter who didn't harass me." She smiled hugging him tightly. He hugged her back and smoothed down her hair.

"Your father told me the Lady of the werewolves had acquired you as her new court mage. I never thought we would actually see each other. I'm glad we did." He smiled. Her emotions were so high at the fact that he was here. She saw more of a father in him than her real father.

"How have you been? The guards haven't been too hard on you, eh? Or did you torture anymore?" He laughed.

"They were alright. I think they are happy that I left. Then again the feelings are mutual."

"I missed you Lilith. Let me see how your healing skills were." He said walking over to Colton. He closed his eyes and waved his hands over Colton's body and he smiled approvingly and turned to pat her head.

"Remarkable. You have the prowess of a First Enchanter." He smiled. She nodded and he took a deep breath.

"I must take my leave, come see me whenever you get the chance, eh?"

"I will. Goodbye Smithy." She said hugging him once more. He bowed to mom and dad and walked out of the room.

"Are you sure you are all right Colton? Any pain?" She asked worriedly her magic pulsing.

"I'm good, Lil. Thanks." He smiled. She nodded and sat down beside me.

"I'm going to get a drink...Does anyone want any?" She asked.

"Can you get me a water?" Alessandra asked.

"Yes. By the way, I closed the schools. You can stay at the palace. Andrew you are welcome to stay if your parents are okay with it." Mom said. Andrew nodded and we all got up and walked out.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I asked Lily.

"Yea. H-he...He was on the verge of death. I felt it. He was slowly slipping and I pushed all my life into him. When I passed out, I saw a light and I knew I had placed all my power into Colton." She said sadly as I opened the door for her.

"Are you sure you're okay then? That doesn't sound healthy." I said.

"It is because I did it hand to hand. Smithy has a staff that amplifies his power. I don't so I put more of my energy into him." She explained.

"When will you get a staff?" I asked.

"When my father allows me too. He oversees every new mage who gains a staff. So that can be lord knows when." She sighed. I placed my hand on her thigh and she placed her hand over mine.
--------

When we got home I went straight upstairs because it was late and Lily followed me.

"Excuse me, Ms. Your bedroom is that-a-way." I smirked pointing towards her door.

"Why sleep by myself when I can sleep next to a very attractive werewolf?" She smiled nicely.

"In my bed? I never allowed a girl to sleep in my bed. Let alone lay in it." I said.

"Oooo I will be the first one? How romantic." She gushed.

"Uh...no." I smirked. She smiled at me and then made a mad dash for my bed. I shut the door and grabbed her waist before she made it and tossed her onto my bed and went on top of her. Her hair sprawled out by her head and the light delicate lines of her tattoo's framed her face as she gave a small smile.

"You're so beautiful..." I said moving away loose pieces of hair. A light pink blush rushed onto her cheeks as she smiled.

"I really like you..." She said softly and I smiled.

"To the point where I don't want to be away from you..." She said. Her hand reached up and lightly touched my bare arm and up my shoulder. Her magic pulsed in her veins and I bent down and kissed her and she froze. I laid on my side so that I wouldn't crush her and she rested her leg ontop of mine. She pulled away quickly and curled right into my chest.

"What are you doing? I wasn't finished." I smiled.

"You have your whole life to make out with me. How many moments will you have with complete and utter silence." She said.

"Lily, are you alright?" I asked worried.

"No. I'm not." She said sitting up.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I feel like it may be moving too fast but yet. I enjoy it. I can't picture myself with anyone else, it's so strange. Is this how mating symptoms are for everyone who isn't a werewolf but has a werewolf mate?" She wondered while staring at the door.

"Yes, it's like this for everyone. The connection between two mates is instant. Why would you throw away that feeling?" I asked.

"I'm not throwing it away. I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing." She said turning to look at me.

"Lily, I had so many girls to fool around with, so many still wanting me to fool around with them. I never brought a girl into my bedroom because they weren't serious. You are mine. You will always be mine and no on elses." I said. She grinned happily and crawled over and rested her hands on my chest before gently pushing me down. She straddled me and I stared at her oddly as she leaned down and kissed me.