Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Colton's POV:

After the little display we went back upstairs to see Doc stitching up Elena's wound. She was still knocked out and would be for a while.

"How is Lily?" My mother asked.

"Finish this up." Doc said to the nurse. We went to the back room where Lily laid with her chest bandaged up and her veins running black.

"What is happening?" My mom asked.

"Her body is struggling to heal itself but it can't. Until Irving arrives she is in critical danger. The black in her veins is her magic trying to heal herself."

"How bad was the wound?" I asked.

"The blade was about a centimetre away from her heart. She is a lucky girl, but there is one other matter..." He said.

"What is it?" Cameron asked concerned.

"She is pregnant." He said and my eyes widened and I looked down at Lily. She was pregnant?

"We shall wait for Irvings arr-" My mother began but she was interrupted.

"I'm here." Irving said striding in with his staff in hand. The magic was already pulsing around his hands as he looked down at Lilith.

"My dear girl." He said kissing her head and smoothing back her hair.

"I swore to protect you. I will save you." He vowed. He put his staff and his free hand slightly over her body and he shut his eyes and murmured a few words. He lowered his hands so they rested on her and the blue magic flowed from him and into her. The black in her faded and her heart rate returned to normal.

Her eyes fluttered open and she took a deep sigh.

"Irving?" She croaked.

"Yes, my dear girl?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" She whispered.

"I came to protect you. You were gravely ill child. I promised to always protect you. I was not ready to give up on that promise." He vowed and she smiled.

"What happened?" She asked confused rubbing her eyes.

"You were plunged in the chest by a blade." My mother said.

"By a dark angel." I added.

"What about Damen? Does he live?" She asked and we nodded.

"Are you trying to bring back Tidus?" Irving asked. She nodded and he sighed.

"This is a dangerous spell but I will support you. You deserve to meet the great man your father was, before Damen corrupted him." She took out the breathing tube and looked down at her chest. She pulled off the white bandage to reveal a long pink scar that was jagged.

"You will be fine as will the child." Doc said.

"Child?" She asked sitting up.

"You are pregnant. We pray that the pregnancy will be smooth and safe." He said.

"Oh my...this is a lot to take in." She said rubbing her temples.

"Worry about that later. Focus on your father now." Irving instructed.

Lilly's POV:

We went to the basement to where Damen was held.

"Lilith..." He whispered sadly. I stood before him as he stared at my tattoos.

"Why did you do this? If only you had listened to me..." He said sadly.

"You were the one who sent me off because I was killing your precious guards who harassed me." I snarled.

"They were following orders to keep us from blood magic." He said gesturing to my face.

"I am a highly skilled Mage and you know it. You were afraid of me becoming first enchanter which is why you shipped me off. But I fell in love with a werewolf and you wanted me back but I wouldn't go back so you tried to kill me!" I exclaimed.

"I ordered the dark angel to bring you back to me so that I could make you see reason." He swore.

"I'm sure you did. Instead he tried to kill me and almost ended up killing me if it weren't for Irving."

"Irving?" He asked looking back.

"Your time is over Damen. You are a curse on this Earth and it is time to bring back the rightful first enchanter, Tidus. You are a spawn of damnation." Irving said angrily.

"Lilith please..."He begged looking into my eyes. I looked away feeling my eyes sting. Hearing him say that reminded me of when I was locked away and he would come visit me. My hands flew to my wrist and I dug sharply into my arms.

"Lilith...don't!" He cried. I prayed to the gods to bring back my father. My eyes shut softly as I felt the magic flow through my fingers. A loud and pained yell came from Damen as I felt the blood trickle down past my fingers and onto the floor. I felt the little energy I had drain from my body.

I opened my eyes to a limp body sitting in the chair. I felt suddenly light headed and I fell back onto the floor.

"Lilith? Lilith?" A voice called. It sounded like I was underwater, but my eyes opened slowly. The body of my father loomed over me as I stared up into his eyes, his normal lilac coloured eyes appeared instead of the blue ones.

"Dad?" I asked confused and he smiled.

"My little girl." He said clutching me to him. I stared shocked but held onto him tightly closing my eyes as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"I'm so proud of you, darling." He said kissing my forehead.