Chapter 27

Chapter 27:

Elena's POV:

We pushed into the forest, killing the remainder of the dark Angels. I was beginning to feel the exhaustion.

"You are getting sloppy." Colton commented.

"I'm so tired. I don't think I can walk anymore." I sighed.

"You should go back then." He said.

"I think not." I said, he sighed annoyed and we continued to walk. A large weight suddenly hit my back and I fell to the ground with a loud thud. Something sharp was pierced into my shoulder and I automatically felt my skin go on fire.

The weight was quickly gone and I turned on my good shoulder and let out a pained groan. Damen's injured body laid next to mine.

"You have about ten minutes to live." He grinned in pain. My mouth dropped as I was hauled up off the ground.

"Don't listen." Colton said holding my head to his chest.

"What happened?" I asked disoriented.

"Don't worry about it." He said frantically running back to the house.

"I don't feel well." I said feeling bile rise in my throat. He stopped and I leaned over throwing up a bit of blood.

He continued running and I groaned.

"Colton what is in my shoulder?" I asked.

"Don't worry about it you will be fine." He said pushing open the door. I was laid on my stomach on a bed and something sharp was put into my elbow. I felt light headed and dazed and my eyes closed shut and stayed shut.

Colton's POV:

"Death root." Doc said pulling the knife from her shoulder. Her skin steamed and pulled back as the silver blade was pulled out.

"It was meant to stab her multiple times but he wasn't able to. I will clean the wound and give her an injection that will boost her immune system and protect her organs." He explained pulling over the table and grabbing a bottle of Hydrogen Peroxide and a cotton swab.

Her cut began bubbling as he began cleaning the wound and I left quickly to go see Damen.

"How were you able to come back!?" My mother yelled. I went downstairs and found her holding Damen by the collar. Her knuckles were white and her face was red with anger.

"Courtland, you of all people should know what I am capable of." He smirked. She never actually told us the full story of how they met, only bits and pieces.

"I shoved a blade through your chest and this man gave up his life for you!" She yelled.

"He was compelled to. I made him worship me, I made him kiss the ground I walked on." He said cockily. She let him go and stormed back and forth.

"And now it seems that your filthy wretch of a son, clouded my daughters judgement." He said glaring at Cameron.

"She isn't your daughter Damen, you may have Tidus' body but you don't have his life."

"Don't I? I have a gorgeous blonde at my beck and call, a mutated but highly gifted daughter, a realm I control. I run this life." He smirked.

"Darling, you don't run it anymore. Once Lily wakes up. Your life is over and Tidus will return." She vowed.

"Wakes up from what?" He asked.

"You nearly killed her. In fact we don't know if she will wake up."

"I did no such thing." He scoffed.

"Really? You had a dark angel plunge a blade into her chest." Cameron growled lowly and bared his canines.

"I did not. I only made him grab her and bring her back."

"Well looks like your pets don't listen after all. He tried to kill her, Damen. You almost killed your daughter because she found love with a werewolf." The look on his face surprised me.

"Lilith..." He whispered sadly.