Not So Simple

Bakugo's POV
"Baku-!"
I don't listen to the redhead, my head flooding with a million different thoughts all at once. Sprinting past the common area it's dark and quiet with all the extras gone, thank fuck. I nearly trip three times on the way upstairs but I finally make it to my room.
I lay in bed, my mind going a mile a minute. 'S as if everything was suddenly falling into place like a fragmented puzzle.

'I had this crazy experience before the school year started.'
It all fits correctly, his story and my experience.
'I was at home when suddenly I started freaking out. It was maybe one of the worst feelings I've ever had in my life.'
I thought I was going to die that day. I was fucking screaming out for someone to help.
'I just knew something terrible was happening.'
Could it really all be just shitty coincidence?
'It's like I can feel their feelings sometimes. Like randomly I'll just suddenly feel a wave of grief or joy or panic.'
No. I knew there had to be a fucking reason he stood out from everyone else. I've never gotten along with anyone like I have with Kirishima. And so goddamn quickly and easily too. That must be why I always feel so free around him, like the weight around my heart disappears.
I smack my flushed cheeks, growling angrily.
This wasn't supposed to fucking happen! There's no way... that shit about true mates... could that actually be real?
I huff loudly, falling back against my pillow. My eyelids hang low as I stare up at my ceiling, irritably remembering how it felt to be in his arms. I felt so warm... so safe...
My body slowly heats up the cold bed sheets, my limbs going slack against the mattress. I guess it makes sense, I've barley fucking slept these past two days.
I can see the redhead's big, pointy smile and feel his arms wrap around me as I drift off, eyelids shutting.
...Kirishima...

Time Skip (Morning)
Kirishimas POV
"Okay...uh... phone, wallet, keys-I guess I don't need a charger..."
I pat down my pockets, making sure I have everything before heading out of my dorm room. I'll only be there for the day and I've got stuff at home so it'll be fine.
'S around seven in the morning on a Saturday so most people shouldn't be awake or at least walking around yet. I wonder if Bakugo's still in his room after running off last night. I shrug, heading downstairs into the common where a few of my peers are hanging out including: Tsu, Todoroki, Midoriya, Iida and Momo.
When I head over to the doors leading out of the dorms Momo asks,
"Are you heading out Kirishima?"
I turn back, grinning,
"Yeah, I'm visiting my mom."
Momo smiles sweetly,
"Aww, how considerate of you."
I shrug, opening the door,
"Not really. Anyway, I might not be back till tomorrow. See ya guys!"
They all wish me a good day as I close the door and bound off the dorm steps. I check my phone, I can probably catch the subway if I jog. Putting my phone back into my short's pocket I start hustling off of U.A. grounds.

After I make it onto the subway it takes about twenty-five minutes before I reach my stop. Hopping off, I separate from the group of exiting and entering passengers and begin my trek home. A little less than a ten minute walk and 'm in front of my cozy one story house.
I excitedly slide the key into the lock, turning with a small click. I swing open the door, declaring,
"Hey Mom? I'm here!"
A beta woman with long black hair and a big smile walks into the room to greet me. She smells like pine needles, a nostalgic scent that always reminds me of our camping trips up in the woods and mountains.
There she is. The smartest, most amazing lady I know!
She runs up and hugs me, both of us fans of giving crushing bear hugs probably thanks to our quirks, and sometimes overwhelming personalities.
She pulls back, smiling widely,
"Oh Eijiro, I'm so glad you decided to come hang out with your old lady on the weekend."
I laugh, following her into the living room where some bowls of snacks are laid out,
"You're not old, Mom."
I sit down on the couch, grabbing a pretzel from one of the tiny bowls.
"Well I sure do feel old whenever I see how big you've gotten. Did you grow again?"
She shakes her head, chuckling, taking a seat at the recliner next to the couch.
"I swear, soon enough you're gonna out grow your father."