Old Faces

Kirishima's POV
"Oi, are you waiting for someone?"
The beta whips around in surprise, more of his aggravating scent wafting towards me.
Rip out his throat!
Okay-umm! Seriously, you need to calm down bro. No murder!
The slim boy has long teeth and dull brown eyes that widen fearfully when seeing me. He stumbles over his words, asking a question in return,
"W-Wait! Aren't you from U.A.?"
I tilt my head at him and cross my arms over my chest, putting up a physical wall between us.
Why am I so defensive around this guy?
"Yeah, how'd ya know?"
"The Sports Festival-"
The beta glances down at the ground, one of his arms wraps across his stomach, holding onto the other one that hangs at his side. His voice comes out uncomfortable and oddly guilty.
"I remember you fought against Katsuki..."
Katsuki? That sounds familiar-Wait!
"Oh, Bakugo? Do you know him? I've never heard anyone call him by his first name before. Well, I guess Midoriya, but that's more of an old nickname, I think."
When I bring up Bakugo this guy just gets more jumpy, looking around anxiously,
"Uh-I knew him when we were kids and in junior high-Is he around here?"
He mumbles the explanation, something else clearly on his mind. The beta gives me another guilty look when asking where Bakugo is.
Snap his neck!
We're not killing him-I don't even know who this guy is!
"Oh, that's cool. And, no, Bakugo didn't wanna come."
I surprise myself when I say Bakugo's name, sounding oddly possessive.
The boy's dark brown eyes widen at my response before turning downcast, his voice shaking slightly,
"Oh... of course."
My eyebrows knit together at his strange reaction.
Of course?
At the awkward silence the shorter boy looks back, flinching slightly like he forgot I was here. He tugs on his bottom lip lightly with his long teeth, glancing up with another shame filled expression.
"How have been people treating Katsuki at U.A.? Y'know since he's...-"
I pick up where the brunette trails off, laughing lightly,
"Since he's kinda abrasive and rude at first? Yeah, he can be a lot to deal with sometimes but I think more people in class are starting to understand him. At least I hope so, he's my friend after all."

The beta blinks a couple times, staring at me like I had just spoken in a different language. Suddenly his eyes widen once again with the same fear and anxiety from before.
"W-wait? So he hasn't... you guys don't-holy shit..."
Now 's my turn to be absolutely lost as I try to put together his fragmented words.
"'S there something 'm missing here?"
"-Uhh, no-well-"
Right before the shorter male can answer a younger girl approaches from behind him, a displeased look on her face. She shares a couple of the same physical characteristics except she has lighter-almost orange-brown colored hair that has been styled into a short, messy bob. She also has freckles sprinkled over her rosy cheeks and the same long teeth as the boy she stares at. Her dark brown, edging on gray, eyes bore into him coldly as he nervously looks back at her.
The young girl carries a light blue beach bag over her right shoulder and wears a white, ruffled cover up dress over what I presume to be the swimsuit she changed into. Oh, he must've been waiting for her in the bathroom. They sure do look alike, smell similar too. Must be siblings.
The girl gives off a sweet scent like French toast or waffles, it makes me kinda hungry since I forgot to eat breakfast. She must be an omega, huh.

"Mom told you not to talk to other people while you're here."
She furrows her brow angrily, though it looks more like a pout with her youthful features.
"I don't even get why Dad said you should come. I can take care of myself and Sumire's here too. It's not like you're the most trustworthy supervisor either."
Sumire... why does that name ring a bell?
'You know, I heard Oili and Sumire were there the day the police came. But I was always too scared to actually ask them.'
Oh right! The two girls those junior high kids mentioned. I wonder if they really know anything about what happened.
"Oili, please, Dad just wants you to be safe."
The taller sibling reasons with his sister weakly. Oili's response comes out kind of mumbled but I can still hear it,
"Yeah, and I feel so safe around you..."