Shifting Blame

Bakugo's POV
"And how are you feeling today Bakugo?"
The same question every fucking day. Police, family, nurses and now this fucking therapist chick who's just staring at me calmly. She's just here to fix another broken patient so she can pay the bills. 'S not like she actually gives a shit about me or my problems. Why would she?
"Fuckin' peachy..."
I sigh, bored out of my mind, staring through the hospital window.
"Hmm, you said the same thing yesterday, and the day before that and the day before that..."
I grit my teeth, annoyed at the condescending beta sitting in front of me, tapping her pen against against her clipboard from time to time.

"So? Isn't that good? Your job's done. You're welcome."
"Usually I'd be appreciative of your cooperation Bakugo but for some reason I feel that your 'peachiness' isn't as truthful as you make it out to be."
Normally I'd blow my top off at these uppish professionals but I haven't been my angry self lately. Or maybe cause this lady wasn't exactly pompous like I thought when first meeting her. She seemed like the kind of adult that tries to teach you life lessons since they're so down to earth. And yet they still manage to be a snarky asshole.
I laugh dryly at the woman,
"Hah! Ya know you're a fucking awful therapist."

I wanna get on her nerves, break that collected appearance of hers.
However, instead of showing offense or anger at my comment she merely tilts her head slightly. Her long dirty blond hair, falling over her shoulder from being pulled back in a tight French braid.
"And why is that?"
My eye twitches slightly from her lack of reaction,
"Cause aren't therapists supposed to be super nice and warm? Not cold sarcastic pricks?"
That should get under her skin.
Now it was her time to laugh lightly, her icy gray eyes showing gleams of amusement,
"Is that really what you want? A mushy, sensitive therapist? I thought that would just piss you off more, but if that's the case I'm more than happy to trade wi-"
"NO! Fucking sit back down in that damn chair with your stupid little clipboard!"

I panic way too quickly, that damn omega specialist popping into my head. That bitch was so overly enthusiastic and sweet I thought I was gonna get a fucking toothache. At least this lady seems like she's not hiding behind some happy mask like a clown.
The beta gives a small smirk, not a smug one, but a knowing one. I huff in irritation before uncrossing my arms, sitting up better in my hospital bed. I've already had three sessions with this lady and she doesn't seem like a total bitch so I could try being a little more open. I kinda blocked her out the first two sessions, didn't even bother trying to remember her damn name.

"Hey, what's your name?"
Her heather eyes barely widen in surprise,
"Ms. Beck"
I cock my head at the strange name,
"What the hell? I've never heard anything like that before. Are you fucking with me?"
Again she looks at me with a bit of confusion before giving a genuine chuckle,
"Ah, well, it would sound off to you. It's not a Japanese surname, I'm from America after all."
Why the fuck is she working in Japan then?
As if she can read my thoughts Ms. Beck continues,
"I was offered a full ride scholarship to one of the best psychology schools in the world, it just happened to be in Japan. I would've been a fool not to accept."
She looks out the window endearingly, staring at the darkening skyline seeping through building roof tops and windows.
"I always liked a change of pace and things are so different here than they are in the U.S."

I stare at the woman, a dark hole of jealousy eating at me. I know it's stupid but I can't help but feel bitter at how she has such a bright and happy future, that she's acceding at her career and dreams.
Her face falls a little, looking back at me sadly but also with understanding in her eyes. What is she? A fucking physic? It pisses me off. Both my little bitchy moping and her stupid pity.
"So what?! Same goes for your fucked up patients? You like fixin' them up and then movin' on to your next shitty case load?! Huh?!"
I shake my head, lowering it, my voice coming out a bit more hurt now,
"'S that what you plan to do to me?"