Who I Thought I Was

Kirishimas POV
Flashes of greenery, buildings and billboards speed by me as the car steadily snakes through the winding streets of the city.
I really enjoy car rides, watching the scenery dart past me whilst soft vibrations roll through my body. However, today I feel excitement pulsing through my veins, not allowing me to relax. Even my knees and feet bop around in unbidden anticipation.

"So, honey, what made you want to dye your hair all of a sudden?"
Peeling my gaze away from the car window I look to the beta woman with long black hair and big, bright ruby eyes beside me.
"Oh, well, I've been thinking about it for a while.... but wasn't really sure. After presenting though I definitely want to do it."
I explain passionately to my mom.
Her eyes flick over to me warmly before adjusting back to the road ahead.
"I still can't believe you presented as an alpha, I mean who would've thought? My little boy becoming a big strong man."

"Yeah, I can't believe it myself."
I scratch awkwardly at the back of my neck. 'S true, I thought for sure I would've been a beta, just like my parents. That's why I definitely need to get my hair dyed now, if I want to be a competing alpha and hero I'll need to stand out. Right now, 'm just so...boring.
"Exciting isn't it? I mean you'll be trying out for U.A. soon."
"Yeah, I hope I get in."

I've been practicing and training for quite a while but 'm still unsure about my chances of being accepted.
"Oh, you'll be fine."
My mother assures me, patting my thigh a couple times before placing it back on the steering wheel.
"Once you make it in though you'll really have to make an extra effort when it comes to courting."
The black haired beta explains wisely.
"Huh? Why?"

"Well," she seems to contemplate her answer for a moment, "Since you're an alpha now 'm assuming you'll most likely want to be with an omega, right?"
"Yeah, sure."
So what?
"And most people meet their mates in high school, but there won't be many omegas at U.A. and if there are they won't be in the hero courses you'll be taking."
Oh...yeah, that makes sense. I kinda forgot about that.

"Hmm, well whatever happens as long as my mate 's super manly-like me- I'll be happy."
My mother laughs lightly at my proclamation,
"Well if that's the case then you should probably start looking at the betas."
Now that caught me off guard.
"Uh, but, why?"
I stare at Mom, confused, why should she say that?
"Omegas aren't manly, silly. They're soft and sweet, nurturing, you know this."
That's fundamental stuff, 'm not sure why I didn't think of that.
I also chuckle at my ridiculous statement,
"Oops, yeah, you're right Mom."

She pulls into the shopping center and parks in front of a nice, professional looking hair salon.
"Ready?"
She grins at me-I definitely get my shark teeth from Dad- her eyes sparkle, also excited for my big transformation.
"Absolutely!"
I pound one fist into my awaiting hand as to show how pumped up I am.
No more hiding in the background, 'm gonna be a great hero just like the rest of my soon to be classmates. And who knows maybe one of the betas there will be my mate?
My inner alpha grumbles unhappily at my thoughts.
Yeah, yeah, I naturally want an omega but with what 'm looking for that's just not possible. Oh well, we can't always get what we want. Right?

Bakugo's POV
Everything fucking hurts.
I was awoken by my body having a fucking heatstroke. Tearing off my bed sheets I try to cool down, breathing heavy. My head aches and my stomach 's jarring with a pain I've never experienced before. My breath comes out rough and dry, my throat stinging uncomfortably from how sore it feels.
Water!
I quickly swipe the water bottle off my nightstand, chugging down more than half of it. I drink too fast, causing some of the water to drip down my chin whilst I cough harshly, the water choking my breath.
"AH-ca-hu-hu, holy-cu-Hu, Fucking SHIT!!"
After a few more shaky breaths I grab the two capsules on my nightstand, not wasting anytime I swallow them with the rest of my water.