This Was Supposed to Be Fun

Bakugo's POV
"...and I know you're all gonna go out there and be heroes in your own unique ways!"
Clapping and rounds of, "Woo!" fill the classroom as Sensei finishes off his farewell graduation speech to our class.
"Just because school's over don't forget to come back here Monday for your real graduation. Your work won't mean anything if you don't have a diploma in your hand!"
With that the bell rings, signaling the end of class.
"Alright! Have a nice weekend and I'll see you all back here on Monday!"

Packing up my stuff I look up at the whiteboard which now displays the counter for 'Days Left of School' as zero.
Sighing, I heave the backpack onto my shoulders. After everything that's happened this month the last two weeks seemed to fly by in a haze.
After that one alpha prick got punished most of the other alphas in class seemed to get the hint and back off. Still, the weeks after getting back from my own shitty suspension there were alphas from other classes still trying to flirt with me. Even quite a few female alphas tried their luck. Fortunately, most of them were a bit more tame in their pick up methods, unlike the guys who thought vulgarity was the way to someone's heart.

Atomu and Daigo wait at the classroom entrance like usual. We used to just meet at the school gates but ever since that shit happened they've been way more... protective.
I fucking hate to admit that it brings me a bit of comfort but it also can be annoying as hell. I mean 'm the one headed to U.A. to become the best hero. Yeah, 'm way stronger than them...
Walking past the two they wordlessly follow, one on each side of me. What are they? My fucking bodyguards? 'M not sure if they're doing this on their own accord or if my parents are making them but it kinda makes me feel bad... weak.

"Hey, Katsuki."
I look over and up at Atomu. Tall bastard.
"'M throwin a small graduation party at my house tomorrow if you wanna come hang. 'S gonna be me, Daigo and a couple more friends."
"Tch. Like I'd wanna fucking hang out with you losers and your stupid friends. And it's 'Daigo and I,' fucking dumbass..."
I fucking hate parties, being social with a bunch of people you don't even know.
"C'mon dude, have a little fun. If you don't like it then you can leave whenever you want."

Daigo smiles his stupid ass grin with his big, straight teeth.
'S true that I've been playing it safe lately. Ever since that omega bitch showed off her shitty device to my parents I've been on my "best" behavior. They seemed just as repulsed by the collar as I was but 'm not about to take any chances.
Playing it safe 's getting pretty boring though. 'M kinda itching to break a rule or two, even if 's something like staying out to late or letting loose at a party.

"I'll... think about it fuck faces."
I could smell the victory and relief rolling off the alpha and beta as we part ways to our respective streets.
I watch my shadow fall against the pavement as I walk home. The familiar sound of rhythmic feet slapping the asphalt filling my ears. I remember listening to the same thing, just a day before... everything changed...
I squint my eyes against the bright concrete.
My feet got smaller.

Getting home I see my father sitting at the table doing something on his laptop whilst sipping tea.
"Welcome home, Kat."
Kat... he used to call me that as a kid but once I got older I told him to knock it off. 'M not sure why, but I don't mind it that much anymore.
I grumble an incoherent greeting to the brunette before pulling off my shoes and heading upstairs.
Plopping my school bag onto the floor I start to unzip it, grabbing for my homework. Wait, I don't have any left...

'S not that I fucking enjoy homework I just fell into a routine of gettin home and doing it. 'S distracting being able to just focus on the work and not think about anything else. But now schools over and here I am left with my shitty thoughts.
Sitting on the ground I stare lazily at few of my All Might posters.
I remember getting that one at a convention with Deku. To think I ended up meeting that man just a few months ago. That should've been my memory of the school year...