96

KINGDOM FALL
— 96. Coronation

  Later on that day, in the Great Hall, the High Septon led Annalys' coronation

Later on that day, in the Great Hall, the High Septon led Annalys' coronation. The High Septon held a crown just above Annalys' head as he stood behind her.

The crown was designed Annalys had made herself. It was a Lannister gold crown that would have been expected to be worn by a king. The points of each crown was forged into a lion's head with red ruby eyes.

She had one made for Robb that was similar and equal in elegancy. Instead of the points being forged into lions, however, they were wolfs with sapphire eyes.

Banners consisting of a joint Lannister and Stark sigil were hung all around the throne room, and the rest of the castle. Not to mention, the rest of the capital.

  The entire Great Hall was filled with people from all across Westeros; The Starks, the Tyrells, Oberyn Martell, the Tullys, the Tarlys, and people from other houses. There was one person Annalys really hoped to be there and they weren't. Myrcella. All the Lannisters were there, but not Myrcella.

Ser Edric and Jaime patrolled in the back with Ser Edmyn Hightower, Ser Rickard Royce, and Ser Steffon Oakheart, all of which were now members of her Queensguard. She made an attempt to get a man from each of the seven kingdoms. She was missing one from the Stormlands and Riverlands, though.

She planned to name Loras Tyrell to the queensguard, to keep ahold of the the Tyrells so that they'd never rebel. She had a feeling they were the only Great House who ever had a chance of rebelling. She also planned to have Tommen marry Margaery. She wouldn't get to marry a king, but at least she'd get to marry the next best thing. A prince.

Robb stood in the front row alongside Torra, Olyvar, Lyanna, and Eddard, who awkwardly stood in place and watched as their mother was named queen.

"Why isn't father up there?" Lyanna questioned Torra, who ended up shushing her.

"Shut up and watch," Torra snapped at the girl in a hushed tone, causing Robb to quietly chuckle.

It was quite amusing to watch Torra take on a sort of eldest sibling role. It reminded him of himself when he was younger. Of course, Torra got more frustrated with the children, but not in a particularly bad way. She was just not used to being around other children.

  "May the Warrior grant her courage and protect her in these perilous times. May the Smith grant her strength that she might bear this heavy burden. And may the Crone, she that knows the fate of all men, show her the path she must walk and guide her through the dark places that lie ahead," The high Septon announced loudly, "In the light of the Seven, I now proclaim Annalys of the House Lannister, First of Her Name, Queen of the Andals, the Free Folk, and the First Men, Lady of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm." He paused, finally placing the crown upon Annalys' head, "Long may she reign!"