73

KINGDOM FALL
— 73. Confessions

   Two days later, Annalys woke up to find herself laying in what looked to be Robb's room at Castle Black

Two days later, Annalys woke up to find herself laying in what looked to be Robb's room at Castle Black. She glanced around, only to lock eyes on Robb, who was sitting in a chair at her bedside, asleep.

She glanced down at her chest, which happened to now be patched and stitched up. She slowly lifted her hand, just before reaching out and grabbing ahold of one of his hands.

Soon enough, Robb jolted awoke from his sleep, Annalys to now be awake, "You're awake." He told her, a soft smile on his face, clearly relieved that she had survived her wounds.

"I am," She responded, smiling weakly as she awkwardly let go of his hand while avoiding eye contact with him, "How long has it been?"

"Two days," He informed Annalys, who gave him a puzzled look.

"Then, why are you still here?" She asked him, confused as to why Robb was still at Castle Black if the battle had been over for two days.

"I haven't left your side since you took an arrow for me," Robb informed Annalys, causing her eyes to widen in shock, "Jon tried to convince me to leave your side, but I refused. I couldn't leave without knowing whether or not you'd wake."

Annalys smiled softly at Robb confession, "Thank you," She told him quietly and Robb simply nodded.

"Why did you really step in front of that arrow?" Robb questioned Annalys, a concerned look on his face.

A puzzled expression formed on Annalys' face at Robb's question, "What do you mean?" She questioned him in confusion, "I already told you why I did it. I love you!"

"You chose the Iron Throne over me. You chose power over love. How does that show that you love me?" Robb argued, refusing to believe Annalys, after everything that had happened between them.

"You could never understand," Annalys confessed, shaking her head in disagreement, "I'm taking the Iron Throne for everyone. I'm saving Westeros from being doomed by the likes of Stannis."

"If you married me, we could've been more powerful than Stannis. We wouldn't need the Iron Throne." Robb reminded Annalys, who was clearly on the verge of arguing.

"Then, I'd be leaving all the people I promised to protect," Annalys confessed, much to Robb's shock, "I promised people that I would protect them. If I just ditched them, what kind of queen would I be? Daenerys Targaryen plans to take the Iron Throne. I can't let her do that. I'm the only one who can stop her."

"How will you stop her?" Robb asked Annalys, a hint of curiosity in his blue eyes.

"By making sure that the people of Westeros love me more than they fear her and her dragons," Annalys informed Robb, who looked utterly confused.