80

KINGDOM FALL
— 80. The Three Eyed Raven

A few hours passed after Annalys arrived at Freyja's tent

A few hours passed after Annalys arrived at Freyja's tent. She grew bored, but dealt with it, knowing the Free Folk Queen would arrive soon enough. After a long while of waiting impatiently, Freyja walked in, an unreadable expression on her face.

"What did they say?" Annalys desperately asked, standing up from where she sat.

"They've accepted my decision," Freyja informed Annalys, but by the look on her face, the Lannister woman knew there was something she wasn't being told.

"I'm missing something, aren't I?" She questioned, raising a concerned brow at Freyja.

"It's nothing," Freyja immediately responded, shaking her head in argument.

Annalys narrowed her eyes at Freyja, clearly seeing right through her, "You're lying," She stated, earning a puzzled look from Freyja.

"How would you know?" Freyja complained, sounding almost annoyed with Annalys' stubbornness and constant refusal to just leave things be.

"I can always tell when someone's lying," She informed Freyja in a calm tone, moving closer to her, "Now, tell me what I'm missing."

"The clan leaders believe I've become too attached to you," Freyja admitted, much to Annalys' confusion.

Annalys scoffed loudly, her eyes widening slightly, "We've only known each other a day."

"Yes, but I've killed a Thenn and decided to go on a journey to retrieve Bran Stark. Both of those somehow involve you." She explained, refusing to tell Annalys the rest.

There was a valid reason why the Free Folk didn't want Freyja to become attached to Annalys and it wasn't because she was born South of the Wall.

Annalys remained silent, eying Freyja closely, "Are you attached to me?" She found herself asking Freyja, a small smile on her face.

Freyja sighed in frustration, walking away from Annalys, "Of course not," She argued without hesitation, shaking her head, "You're a crow. I'd never fall in love with crow."

Not after what happened last time. Not after everything it cost me, she thought to herself.

"I never mentioned falling in love," She reminded Freyja, who immediately looked alarmed.

However, since Freyja's back faced Annalys, the Lannister woman was unable to see the expression she wore. Despite that, Annalys knew for a fact she must have reacted in a way similar to that, causing her to smirk in satisfaction.

Freyja turned to Annalys, a stern look on her face. "I won't let history repeat itself. Not after everything it cost me last time." She suddenly argued, earning a large frown from Annalys.