91

KINGDOM FALL
— 91. Rebirth

      Hours after the Battle at Casterly Rock, several miles away, Torra found herself chained to a tree in the woods where Stannis had the remainder of his army camped out at

She tried to fight against the chains, but it was no use. She tried to fight her way out of them, screaming out in rage as she did so.

It was dark out and she could barely see anything. However, she could hear the distant voices of men nearby. She continued to scream out, but the piece of cloth tied around her mouth muffled it.

Soon enough, Stannis approached her, holding a lit torch in his hand. His expression remained unreadable as he stopped in front of Torra, removing the cloth from her mouth.

Torra glared at Stannis in such a way it felt as though it could kill on its own. There was hate and fury in her eyes, not just because he kidnapped her, but because Torra knew the man was the one who burnt Mance Rayder at the stake at Castle Black.

Her mother always was the Free Folk's queen due to being the descendant of so many clan leaders, but Mance would always be her king as well.

He united her people alongside Freyja. She looked up to the man, everyone beyond the Wall did, yet Stannis killed him all the same.

"I'll kill you for this," She growled at him through her teeth before turning to shout at the rest of his men from a distance, "I'll kill all of you."

"How will you do that?" Stannis questioned Torra, clearly not taking her serious, "You're but a child."

"A child? Well, be prepared to watch this child cut out your tongue and feed it to you for what you've done to me!" Torra screamed at him furiously, much to Stannis' surprise, "Robb Stark will find you. He'll hurt you for this."

"Robb Stark doesn't care about you," Stannis argued in a stern tone and for a split moment, Torra looked almost hurt by his words, "If he finds you, it won't be because he cares about you, it'll be because he thinks he owes it to Annalys."

"Annalys will kill you, too. When she finds out you've captured me," Torra continued on, glaring at him hatefully, "She promised my mother to put your head on the a spike on the walls of the Red Keep."

"Did she now?" Stannis questioned Torra daringly, "As I recall, Annalys is dead."

"That's what you think," Torra argued in a low, threatening tone, "I think she's still out there, waiting for the perfect time to kill you and your men. Now, if you're going to kill me, get it over with. Or I can kill you. It's all up to you."

"There's no need for that," Stannis responded in a calm tone, shaking his head, "I just need some of your blood."

"For what!" Torra exclaimed, giving Stannis a look of disbelief.