2

KINGDOM FALL
— 2. The Brotherhood Without Banners

    That night, Annalys laid awake in bed as Robb laid sound asleep beside her

That night, Annalys laid awake in bed as Robb laid sound asleep beside her. She turned her head, looking out the window to find it to be near first light. She sighed, cautiously lifting Robb's arm from being wrapped around her before getting up.

She quickly walked over to where her clothes laid on the ground, quickly placing them on. She immediately grabbed her bow and sword, just before she walked out of the room.

Once heading out of the castle without anyone seeing, Annalys stole a horse from the stables before riding away on her horse.

     By noon, Annalys soon arrived close to the Brotherhood Without Banner's hideout. However, her path was blocked by a group of men on horses, led by a woman with red hair.

"Stop," The unknown woman commanded the men, causing the men and their horses to come to a complete stop. She looked ahead once seeing Annalys, a small smile growing on her face, "Annalys Stark. It's a pleasure to meet you."

Annalys frowned, confused as to how the woman knew her, "Who are you?" She asked, clearly not knowing who the woman was.

"Melisandre, but most people call me the Red Woman," She introduced herself, climbing off her horse as Annalys did the same.

Annalys cautiously walked closer to the woman, realizing she was the Red Priestess who was said to be one of Stannis Baratheon's advisors. Just who she wanted to talk with.

"You're pledged to Stannis Baratheon," Annalys stated and Melisandre simply nodded her head in response, staring at Annalys in fascination as if she noticed something about Annalys that no one else did, "I was actually hoping to have a chat with him. Perhaps you can send him a message?"

"Depends what it is," Melisandre responded, much to Annalys' annoyance.

"I was hoping for an alliance," Annalys informed Melisandre, crossing her arms over her chest, "Between the Kingdom of the North and the rightful the heir to the Iron Throne. If Stannis agrees to allow the North to remain an independent kingdom, I can make sure he can take King's Landing without failing like last time," She paused, smirking slightly as she mentioned Stannis' failure at Blackwater Bay.

"There's something else, isn't there?" Melisandre questioned as she moved closer to Annalys, noticing that she was holding something back.

"If Stannis and my husband were to become  allies with one another, I'd like another favor. One that needs to happen as soon as possible," She informed Melisandre, a small smirk on her face.

Melisandre continued to move closer to Annalys until she was directly in front of her. Melisandre stared into Annalys' eyes with such fascination that it slightly scared Annalys.