61

KINGDOM FALL
61. Just Like Robert

   Soon after leaving the Inn, Robb and Annalys arrived in the woods together, knowing they couldn't be seen out in the open for a while after Annalys killed a half dozen Baratheon soldiers

Soon after leaving the Inn, Robb and Annalys arrived in the woods together, knowing they couldn't be seen out in the open for a while after Annalys killed a half dozen Baratheon soldiers. Annalys found herself walking at a fast pace, causing Robb to try his best to keep up with her, which he failed miserably at.

"Where did you learn to defend yourself like that?" Robb asked in frustration, referring to how she fended off all those men on her own, "The Kingslayer?"

Annalys tensed up at the fact that Robb had called Jaime, "Kingslayer."

She hated it more than anything. After recovering, Annalys continued to walk forward, growing more annoyed by the second. "I learned it from myself, actually." She replied confidently, trying her hardest not to show Robb that what he said about her father truly bothered her more than anything else he ever did.

"You fight in a way I've never seen people fight before. It's..." Robb trailed off uneasily, not knowing what word to use in order to not offend Annalys.

"Barbaric?" Annalys suddenly questioned, finding freezing in place as she turned to glare at Robb.

"I wasn't going to use that word..." Robb awkwardly replied, trying his best to avoid eye contact with her, which he failed miserably at.

"I know I fight in a way that people may compare me to a wildling, but I honestly don't care," Annalys bluntly admitted, shrugging her shoulders without a care in the world, "It's kept me alive, hasn't it?"

"You do know people claim you to not fight with honor?" Robb reminded Annalys, who rolled her eyes in response to what he had said.

"I know. You've told me yourself," Annalys retorted, causing Robb to give her an apologetic look, clearly regretting the fact that he told her that during the war, "But I don't care what anybody thinks. All I know is my way of fighting and killing people has kept me alive in many life or death situations. Nothing else matters."

"Are you sure you don't care what people think?" Robb questioned Annalys curiously, clearly not believing it to be the truth.

Annalys remained silent for a long moment, trying to think up a good response that made sure Robb believed her, "My grandfather once told me that the Lion doesn't concern himself with the opinions of the sheep." She suddenly spoke up, not knowing what else to say.

Hearing Annalys' words, Robb found himself giving her an annoyed look, "Now, that just makes you sound entitled." He jokingly commented, causing them both to begin smiling since they knew Annalys didn't actually believe in her grandfather's statement.

They continued to stare at each other, both of them smiling. However, Annalys ended up being the first one to look away, trying to avoid eye contact with Robb since it was clear to her that he was beginning to feel the tension between them as well.