88

KINGDOM FALL
— 88. Not My Father

 Not My Father

   That day, after spending nearly the entire day with his three children and Torra, Robb returned to his chambers. It gave him some comfort to spend time with his children, who for a time, were a distraction to the hard, cold truth.

Annalys was most likely dead.

Torra wasn't that bad to spend time with either. He understood why Annalys liked her. Despite being so young, the girl was smart. She was also a warrior, oddly enough. Olyvar and especially Lyanna were already fond of her, believe it or not. Eddard, on the other hand, didn't seem to like her much. But technically, he didn't even really like Olyvar all that much.

Robb could see that Lyanna and Olyvar were now closer than Lyanna and Eddard were and that worried him a bit. Lyanna and Eddard were twins, weren't they supposed to be closer?

In his room, Robb poured himself a glass of wine. He was about to bring the glass to his lips when there was a knock on the door and Robb hesitantly told the person to come in. He immediately regretted it the moment he saw it was Margaery Tyrell entering his room.

She wore a dress that was suited for the weather down south rather than the north. Her dress barely had any sleeves and the dip in the front of the dress showed much of her cleavage.

If Annalys was there, Robb knew she'd make a comment along the lines of, "Margaery was at risk of her tits falling off from the cold."

She always said things like that about Margaery at Castle Black in her attempts at pissing Robb off by making vulgar comments about the woman who was briefly his betrothed.

Yes, Robb seemed to actually get pissed off at the comments, but deep down, he found himself finding some of them actually funny.

"You must forgive me, I've had quite a bit of wine tonight, My Lady," He told Margaery, hoping it would convince her to get lost.

If Annalys was still alive, he'd have to keep his promise to her about keeping his mouth shut about their secret marriage.

"As is your right, you are a king, Your Grace," Margaery replied, a large smile on her face, "With Annalys Lannister now presumed dead, your daughter is now Queen of the Westerlands. That makes you King in the North, the Trident, and Acting King Regent of the Westerlands."

Margaery continued to smile while Robb's expression remained unreadable. He noticed the way her hands fidgeted with the skirt of her dress. She was clearly up to something.

"What a lovely dress you have on, My Lady," He complimented her, not knowing what else to say.

"Really? You must help me, then. I can't figure out which way looks best. This way or..." She trailed off, opening up her dress.