7

KINGDOM FALL
— 7. Violence

   The following day, Robb and Annalys' army had arrived back at Riverrun

   The following day, Robb and Annalys' army had arrived back at Riverrun. The Brotherhood Without Banners went back to their posts and Stannis headed back to Dragonstone, he and the kingdom of the North now allies.

In her and Robb's chambers, Annalys laid alone, slowly beginning to fall asleep. She had already planned to leave for King's Landing the following day. She even appointed men to bring her there while posing as Frey men.

The opening of her chamber's door led to Annalys' opening her eyes. She frowned, looking ahead to see Robb standing at the door, holding a pair of metal shackles in his hand.

"What are you doing?" Annalys asked groggily, slowly sitting up from laying in their bed.

She frowned, watching in confusion as Robb slowly began to walk toward where she laid in bed, "As much as I trust you enough to do what is right in King's Landing, our men think we shouldn't risk having their Queen in the Lannister's clutches." He explained to Annalys, causing Annalys' eyes to widen in alarm when realized what was going on.

Robb was trying to chain her up and imprison her.

Alarmed, Annalys knelt on the bed, cautiously holding her hands outward as a way to try to ask for mercy, "I'm a Lannister myself, Robb. They wouldn't hurt me if they think you're dead and there's no Starks for me to flee to," She quickly explained, stammering as she spoke to him because she was nervous, "I have to do this, Robb. You know this. Don't you trust me?"

Robb stood at the foot of the bed, holding the iron shackles in his left hand, "Of course I trust you!" Robb argued, surprisingly speaking in a calm tone. Annalys knew for a fact Robb hadn't thought of keeping her prisoner on his own. Someone gave him the idea, but who?

"But I can't let you risk your life. You're carrying my child. Perhaps even children," Robb explained to her, "What if something goes wrong?"

"It won't!" Annalys shouted at Robb, feeling uneasy about the whole ordeal.

Had Robb gone mad? Keeping her as a prisoner? She knew her husband and he would never do such a thing unless his men put him up to it, just as they did with Catelyn when she freed Jaime.

"I can't risk that. We don't know what may happen and there's no way I'll let you go there alone," He explained to her without a care in the world, "And I know you won't willingly stay, which is the reason for the shackles."

"You mean to keep me prisoner?" She asked Robb in disbelief. As Robb lunged forward to catch her, Annalys pivoted, hopping out of bed before he could catch her.

"Just until you come to your senses," Robb told her assuringly, as if he thought it would make matters better, "It's the only thing the men and I could think of."