28

KINGDOM FALL
28. Proud Grandfather

   That day, Annalys had been shocked when she had witnessed Tyrion's trial

   That day, Annalys had been shocked when she had witnessed Tyrion's trial. He had been found guilty, all because he allowed his emotions to get the best of him when Tywin summoned Shae, the whore Tyrion ended up falling in love with, to be one of his witnesses.

Tyrion ended up demanding a trial of combat and there was nothing anyone could do to stop that from happening. Tywin was going to appoint the Mountain to fight for him, but Annalys knew for a fact that it wasn't going to happen. She had been planning to kill the Mountain for a while and now, it was finally time to do so.

It had all gone by in a blur, Loras attempted to attack the Mountain in the field he stood in around numerous dead bodies. Loras tried his best to defend himself against the Mountain and just as he was on the verge of being stabbed with the Mountain's large sword, Annalys stabbed the Mountain through back of the head with a spear.

She left the spear in, watching as the Mountain collapsed to the ground with a bang. Loras turned to Annalys in shock, his eyes wide as a smile began to form on his face, "You killed the Mountain," He stated in disbelief as Annalys continued to stare down at the Mountain's head body in shock.

"I killed the Mountain," Annalys whispered softly, a large smile slowly forming on her lips as she and Loras exchanged an astonished look, "I...killed...the...Mountain!"

Loras laughed in amusement, watching as Annalys lit up with joy, clearly proud that she, of all people, killed the Mountain, the same man who had been unstoppable for years.

Before they could get caught, Annalys and Loras fled back to the Red Keep, where they sat in one of the dining rooms, casually eating food as Tywin's voice was heard in the hallways. He was shouting at people, demanding that the killer of the Mountain be found.

She could hear conversations of numerous people who talked about the Mountain. Annalys ended up excusing herself from the room and made her way to the chamber of the hand. She stood in the hallway, eavesdropping on her mother and grandfather's conversation, "How could you let this happen!" Cersei shouted at Tywin angrily, "The Mountain was supposed to be the one fighting in the Trial!"

"How could I let this happen?" Tywin asked Cersei in disbelief, clearly just as angered as his daughter was, "I had nothing to do with this! I have guards searching for the killer of the Mountain as we speak."

"How will that change anything?" Cersei snapped at Tywin coldly.

"If this man was capable of killing the Mountain, it means he is far stronger than him. We could use that to our benefit in the trial by combat. I will force him to fight and if he doesn't, he will lose his head." Tywin explained to Annalys, who smirked as she began to walk away.

____

While everyone was out on a manhunt, searching for the Mountain's killers, Annalys was able to sneak down to the dungeons to find Tyrion. She heard on the way there that Tywin, in a moment of desperating, named Meryn Trant his champion. He clearly thought whoever Tyrion named his champion would able to be defeated by Meryn Trant. If only he knew.