95

KINGDOM FALL
— 95. Bare

 Two days later, early in the morning, Annalys woke up to have a bit of pain in her belly

Two days later, early in the morning, Annalys woke up to have a bit of pain in her belly. Robb had called for the maester, who came to their room. He ended up telling them it was pre-labor pains, but Annalys would not give birth for another day or two and she could go on with her normal duties until then.

Once the maester left, Robb knelt next to the their bed, in front of Annalys. He placed one hand on the side of her face and the other over the hand she had placed her over her belly. "Would you like some water? Another pillow?" He asked her, causing Annalys to smile at how much he was babying her, "Shall I tell them to postpone the coronation until tomorrow?"

"No, I think I just need an hour more of rest and then I'll be fine. When I was pregnant with the twins, it became harder as the weeks went by, to remain on my feet, but I got through it," She explained to Robb truthfully, "But I truly thought having to carry only one child this time would be different, but it's the same. My stomach is so very large, my feet hurt, and I'm starving."

"Ooh! Perhaps you're having twins," Robb jokingly commented, earning an annoyed look from Annalys, "Wouldn't that be fun? Another set of twins."

"Perhaps for you, not for me," Annalys reminded them, causing Robb to playfully roll his eyes, "You're not the one who has to spend hours birthing them and several times a day feeding them at your breast."

"I understand," Robb responded, nodding his head at her, "Perhaps I should go now, so that you may have some rest. I can handle the rest of the arraignments for the coronation."

"Or you can lay with me," Annalys suggested, smiling playfully at Robb, "Today is the last day we're not officially King and Queen. Let us spend the next few hours in bed napping."

Robb chuckled softly before agreeing with Annalys. He climbed into bed with Annalys, wrapping his arms around her as his hands rested on her large belly.

Annalys smiled, beginning to close her eyes when their chamber door suddenly entered without anyone being announced. They quickly turned their heads, only to see that it was Lyanna and Eddard rushing in, Edric trying to stop them from waltzing in, but failing miserably.

Olyvar stood far behind them, holding hands with Torra, who stood with Jeyne.

"Mother!" The twins exclaimed happily, climbing on top of the bed.

They rushed over to their mother, hugging her tightly after not seeing her for so many months, "Oh, my loves," Annalys sighed in relief, hugging both of her children.

"I apologize, Your Grace. I tried to stop them," Edric told Annalys, giving his queen a deeply apologetic look.

"They're just children, I don't think it really matters," Robb commented, causing Annalys to quietly laugh.