67

KINGDOM FALL
— 67. Love Over Power

  A few hours later, Annalys sat at a table in her chambers

  A few hours later, Annalys sat at a table in her chambers. She had a glass of wine in her hand, a robe covering her bare body. She remained silent, taking small sips of her glass of wine as she stared blankly at the flames of the candles in front of her.

It had been more than two months since she consumed wine, but she felt the need to have it in order to maintain composure while sleeping with a Greyjoy. A man she knew she'd never care for in the slightest.

She felt like her mother when she was wed to Robert Baratheon. She recalled how unhappy her mother used to look. The only times she looked somewhat happy was when she was spending time with her children. More specifically, Annalys.

Annalys also remembered the times where she witnessed Robert Baratheon strike her mother when Cersei defied him. She remembered the sound of the slap and the way her mother refused to cry out. She would stare up at the Baratheon man, not showing to be affected in the slightest.

Of course, Annalys knew she'd never let Euron lay a hand on her. She'd kill him if he even thought of doing such a thing.

"Gods, what have I gotten myself into?" Annalys muttered under breath, glancing across the room to see Euron getting dressed.

Euron placed his breeches on before turning toward Annalys, clearly not hearing what she had said from where he stood across the room, near the bed. Robb was right. The room was huge.

"So, how do I compare?" Euron suddenly asked as he started to walk toward where Annalys sat, "To the Cowardly Wolf King?"

Annalys tried her best not to snap at Euron, knowing damn well he was speaking about Robb. "You're insulting the father of my children." She reminded Euron, her voice remaining calm as she spoke to him.

Euron stopped walking when he was. standing behind Annalys. He placed his hands on the back of Annalys' chair, leaning toward her until his face was close to hers, "Are you offended, My Queen?" He mockingly asked her, much to Annalys' annoyance as he made his way toward the window.

Annalys took a large sip of wine before slowly looking toward Euron as he walked away from her, "Robb hadn't been with another woman before me. For years, he had been the only man I had ever been with. He was my first." She explained and Euron surprisingly didn't mention the fact that she didn't say anything bad about Robb.

Of course, there wasn't anything bad to say about Robb. She loved sleeping with him. She loved the way he let her take control when she wanted to. She loved the way he kissed her neck. She loved the way he felt inside her. She loved how he made her feel in general. No one would ever compare to him.

"What about the Bolton Bastard?" Euron questioned, causing Annalys to look toward him as she tensed uncomfortably.

"He was rough," Annalys simply stated, pouring herself another cup of wine when she found her glass to be empty.