18

KINGDOM FALL
— 18. Betrayal

That day, outside in the gardens, Annalys was sitting by herself on a bench, thinking of all the ways she could fix her little problem

That day, outside in the gardens, Annalys was sitting by herself on a bench, thinking of all the ways she could fix her little problem. She knew the type of person Ser Loras was. He was a good man, but it didn't mean she wanted to marry him. She oddly felt sympathy for him as well. He was a gay man, being forcing to live as a straight man in an attempt to make his family happy. However, that didn't change the fact that she already had a husband and was pregnant with his children.

  Annalys closed her eyes for a moment, enjoying the midday sun that shined down on her face.

   Feeling eyes on her, Annalys opened her eyes and turned her head, only to see Loras staring directly at her from where he stood at the other end of the gardens. Seeing that her eyes were now on her, he smiled, nodding his head in a form of a greeting.

Annalys didn't smile back, she simply nodded her head slightly before turning away from him. Loras sighed in defeat, turning to walk away when Jaime appeared next to him, "Ser Jaime." He greeted the man before preparing to leave.

   Jaime turned his head to see that Ser Loras had only been in the gardens to see Annalys, which caused Jaime to become a bit protective over the girl, especially after what happened the night before.

  He heard about the betrothal the day before and just like Cersei, Jaime wasn't happy about it. He was far from happy.

"Are you looking forward to your wedding, Ser Loras?" Jaime suddenly asked, causing the boy to stop walking and turn to face the elder knight.

"Very much so," Ser Loras responded quickly, but Jaime could tell the younger man was uneasy about the whole ordeal, "Princess Annalys is a very beautiful woman. Anyone would be happy to marry someone like her."

"You know, Annalys has had many betrothals in the past," Jaime informed Ser Loras, his face turning cold, "Six, in fact, since the age of ten. All before Robb Stark as well," He paused, raising a brow at the Tyrell man, "There's a reason none of them ever had the chance to marry her. Three reasons, in fact." He said and Loras immediately knew he meant himself, Cersei, and Annalys herself, "But let's say if you did, in fact, get to marry her at the end of all of this, you do know she'd murder you in your sleep."

Hearing Jaime's words, Ser Loras turned his head, frowning at the elder man in confusion as he spoke to him in a threatening tone, "And if you somehow managed to try and climb in bed with her, I'd end you in ways you wouldn't think were possible, just for her. You do know that, right? But that isn't going to happen, because you aren't marrying Annalys, understand?"

"Overprotective father doesn't look good on you, Ser Jaime," Ser Loras remarked, smiling as he jokingly patted Jaime on the back before walking away.

Jaime looked shocked as watched Loras Tyrell walk away before he turned to look at Annalys, who gave him a puzzled look. Jaime sighed in defeat, shaking his head at her before walking away.