Hard Decisions and Half Truths

A/N Sorry this chapter took so long, my space bar and a couple other keys stopped working so i had to wait for my keyboard to be replaced..... :D Enjoy :D SkyRed :D

POV

The darkness clouded around him, but did not hinder his movement. He knew where he was going just as the others meeting him knew. The grass and dirt moved under the weight of his feet, a light breeze ruffled the leaves of nearby trees. The distant sound of a bird echoed through the night.

He came to the clearing, joining the others already present. The meeting would begin as soon as Eugene had arived, the old fool never, doing anything the conventional way, always had to be late. The surrounding forest was empty of all animals, the powerful vibe being released by the strange party was enough to keep the animals away.

A breeze flew through the clearing, a strong gush of wind picking up dirt and bending tree branches ever which way. He looked up at the sky, and was thankful that they had chosen this night and not the next, to  have this meeting, when they would not have a sky lit up at all. The barely visible waning  crescent moon, residing in the night sky, was just big enough to provide some light but not to give them away. A low hum could be heard in the whipping wind. Eugene had finally arrived.

Jamie POV

I held my back straight, I did not bend under the crack of his harsh whips, the sweet scent of my blood coated us, I could taste it in each inhale of breath. I dared not move my legs for fear of my skin ripping away, my cold fingers were splayed across the ground and my toes were curled up trying to get my blood to circulate.

I knew he was trying to break me, but it was useless. His whips crossing across my shoulders, each hit, each kick, eah cut- every drop of blood that fell to the floor continued to remind me that I was still surviving.

He walked out of the cage, passed the cameras ready to film at any moment. I didn't quite understand why he had filmed in the first place. What had been the point of it? to show all of humankind that monsters existed not just in the dark recesses of imagination but in real life? No. Something else was going on, I was sure of it, I just had to work out what was actually happening.

I had to escape, to work out what was happening. Leave this torture chamber before anything else happened. Before the human authorities found us, before the wolves or the vampires managed to hunt me down, before the council has made a descision. I had to escape, to find what was happening, to survive.

He left, his eyes dancing as they promised to be back the next day, promised to break me down. As his footsteps drummed through the ground, the sound drummnig along the ground towards me, I sat down with my hands on my legs, careful not to touch the silver bars and let my skin heal itself.

POV

The clearing was silent, they had agreed, it was just a matter of time now. The information they had would lead them in the right direction. Shaking hands with the others he turned to leave, from the corner of his eye he caught sight of Eugene standing in the shadows, his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked away, and kept moving, he needed to be home before sunrise, so he could sleep and prepare.

Jamie POV

I woke from my slumber, stretching my back carefully, feeling my freshly grown skin ripple along my shoulderblades. Low whines echoed from the darkness of the corridor. The door had not opened yet, his footsteps had not sounded, but I knew they would soon.

A low buzz filled the air and I knew, I knew today would be the day I would leave, my strength seemed to have come back over night. All my aches and cuts had healed. Before I could continue my thoughts the door opened, metal toed boots crossed the floor and opened the cage. My new 'teacher' was here, to begin the days 'lessons' but I knew as he picked up a knife, I knew that his leneancy would be my escape.

I made no sound, my shoulders did not droop. I did not fidget. It was getting late and he was growing weary, tired. His feet began to shuffle and I knew it would be over soon. He turned away from me, the pole  dropping out of his blood soaked hand onto the metal tray. A little river of crimson had formed oon the floor.

He stepped froward and chained my wrists and ankles, binding me as he bent over and sneered in my face a little piece of paper fell from his pocket. He didn't notice. Just stood and walked out, the cage bars slamming shut behind him.

I waited as I strained my ears, listening to the pipes croaking as water was turned on, listening as the flooring he had used sqeaked as he walked. Listened to the sound of a shutting door and suddenly silence as the elctricity began to automatically shut off with its assigned time.

Feeling a surge of power rush through my body as night fell I began to heal. I inhaled sharply and I knew i was donning a feral grin. A Full Moon might mean a Wolf and Vampire Dream but a New Moon was a hybrids. My power surged and instead of struggling to hold onto my Beast, I had full control. As I began to change forms the chains around my wrists snapped, as my bones twistedthe bindings on my ankles fell loose.

I stood, stalking quietly towards the bars before bending them and stepping out of the cage. Masking my scent as I bent the silver bars back to their original form. I moved silently, down the corridor, peering through the cages as lumniscent eyes stared back into my own. Hiddeous creatures, not quite the same as the ones that had attacked Father, Mother and my brothers. They seemed more feral, less in control, more like animals. I swallowed back the bile that rised in my throat.

3rd Person

Jamie moved stealthily across the concrete floor, up the stone steps and towards the door. He reached out a clawed hand, not bothering with all the locks and high tech security, he swiped his hand down, slicing through the metal door like a knife through butter.

He moved through the house, owning the darkness around him. He continued on, stopping just out side the room he was sleeping in. Jamie entered the room, carefully, pulling off the chain still wrapped around his left wrist and putting it around the base of his metal bed frame, slipping the chain across the floor to the nearest power point. Jamie took off the white plastic covering and connected the end of the chain to the wires.

Perfectly content with the suprise the sleeping man would recieve in the morning when the power automatically turned on, Jamie left. He strode towards the door, listening carefully for the creatures whos scent he could smell.

The scents seemed to travel right round the house, a patrol... guards in case someone discovered them, or incase soemthing discovered a way out. Scenting the air Jamie realised he would have the time frame of thirty secconds, to get out before the guards caught him.

Sprinting out the door to the forest he could see, he ran, trying to be quick, this was his only chance, the scents were getting closer the creatures would see him, catch him, but he was so close to the edge of the forest, so close. The space around him blurred with his fast movement.

Jamie hadn't seen it, no one could have. The ground looked perfectly normal, he couldn't have seen it. A small dip in the ground, covered by grass. Jamie's foot caught and his momentum forced him to be flung sideways. Jamie twisted his body and was lucky to land on his feet, a thump echoing around him. There was not a chance that he hadn't been seen, there scents were so close.

Not bothering to look behind him Jamie ran. Straight through the treeline and didn't stop. But something was wrong, they had not followed him, he could not hear them, see them, scent them.

Jamie Knew Something wasn’t right, the escape had been to easy, the alarm sounded exactly as he reached the cover the trees provided. The door had been to easy to unlock, not a single guard had seen him, the creatures should have caught him, it was impossible for him to have reached the treeline before they saw him, there was no reason for them to be late for their rounds. Something wasn’t right.

Jamie looked down at his hand, the paper still clenched tightly between his fingers. He pulled it up and uncrumpled it, It had no address and no name as to indicate who it was addressed to or from. Just those same letters, those same numbers that just seemed to be repeating themselves. He was sure he'd seen them somewhere else, then from the depth of his mind he recalled an image, the mans watch, the same numbers.

He didn’t know what it stood for, just that something was increasingly wrong. He had been lucky enough to spot the badge the scientist had with him. The human authorities had never been coming, they were in on it. Whatever it was.