Buying Some Air Time

A/N Hey everyone :D here it is! a new chapter just for us...it's set out a little differently but hopefully just as easy to follow..... ummnn :D Enjoy :D SkyRed :D

3rd Person

He sat in the dark corner, the scent of silver assualting his senses. His nose was uncomfortable- aching each time he breathed in, his eyes watering and stinging- he imagined they were red and swollen. He had been in the cage for days and he knew he would be in there for a long time yet.

They would be looking for him, he knew, but he also knew just how well these creatures could mask their sent. He could do it, so could they.

He looked up suddenly, noting the silence before it fell into chaos as the sound of heavy boots filled the air.

Jamie POV

The man moved forward, out of the shadows, his eyes lit up with excitement. "Up! Up! It's Show Time!" he exclaimed, barely refraining from jumping up and down, i could imagine him spreading his hands out in an over exagerrated manor. His body moved into the darkness before emerging, carrying in his arms a tray, which he placed on a wheely trolley.

I glanced towards the camera already set up, the light now blinking an ominous green. He attatched a small black clip on microphone to the colloar of his white shirt before continuing to set up.

"Let's smile for the camera James, you have such a lovely smile"

He frowned as I did nothing "Come now James, I want everyone at home to see your you face"

I kept my eyes down, hidden in the shadows, nothing he said deserved a response. He shook the cage, hit the metal bars wiith wooden sticks and metal poles... I didn't even flinch.

I watched him through my eye slits, he flicked a switch and the sound of electricity- the buzz of power racing through wire.- filled the space around me. "Everyone's going to see this James, why don't we give them something to actually see".

I knew I was being filmed and I knew this would be seen on every television set. Every station making a copy, every news program searching for information. Every police group, every FBI agency starting to look for us.

I knew that vampires and werewolves everywhere were gathering to see, to find out. And I knew that if the council didn't want to kill me before, they would now. I knew that I was exposing everything to the humans.

He laughed "come now James let's show everyone what type of monsters really exist"

3rd Person

The T.V was turned on, every station playinga video-being filmed live.

the screen showed us- everyone- a dark room, no windows, a concrete floor. Then bars, big thick bars, the camera moved, it was a cage. In the cage a figure sat, huddled in darkness, you could not see his face, he did not move.

The man filming spoke again "Show them- look up at the camera or I'll have your family, each and every one of them- your fathers and mothers side- not a single one will survive.

Suddenly the still figure moved, his eyes snapping open. They glowed in the darkness, an eery orange colour- tracking the man- the camera.

They gasped as the figure moved forward. He grabbed the bars and his face came into view- his very human like face, the eyes didn't glow anymore, staying as just one colour.

Covering his skin was dirt, the camera zoomed out- showing his whole body- clothed in an old tatty pair of shorts- his hands clutched the bars- turning white from his grip.

He was lean and muscled. Clearly on the left side of his chest was a scar- strangely shaped- but deffinately there. Over his heart. His skin had streaks of red covering it, blood.

With a smirk in his voice the person filming spoke "Thats it James, show all the folks at home your pretty little face" the answering snarl from the caged boy made the camera shake and the bars rattle.

In many homes people stared, dropped plates, cups, food. Fell to the ground. This boy they had seen at school, the boy they had taught, the boy they had beaten. Caged behind bars- coated in dried blood- snarling like a beast.

They continued to watch with wide horrified eyes as a man came into view. Obviously the one who had spoken. A whip in hand.

The boy... the man did not whimper or growl, hiss or snarl. He did not cry. Just stared at the man as the whipcame down- missing him, hitting him.

The man huffed in annoyance as James did not react. The man pulled out a knife, while trapping James in rope and chain. He sliced into James skin watching in fascination as blood seeped from the wounds. He sliced three times more, annoyed that James would not react.

Poeple in their houses tried to change the channel but they were all the same. People couldn't take it, people threw up; thir stomachs not handling the images in front of them. Others stared in a horrified fascination as the boy was cut and whiped and burnt over and over.

Each time the man struck he grew angrier, each time James took it- without a sound.

The whip whistled through the air as it was swung, snapping as it came into contact with the warm flesh, onto the open skin.

Blood dripped from Jamie, coated his arm, legs, chest. Puddles of the red liquid coated the floor of the cage.

It stuck to the bars and rolled down them in droplets.

The man moved back to the tray, grabbing a bottle with writting all over it in black marker.

He threw it onto the chained body in front of him. His eyes growing steely as the boy didn't cry out, not even as his skin began to blacken and fall way. Not even as smoke billowed off his body. He just sat there in silence.

The man filming began to talk as the boys wounds began to heal in front of his eyes. Healling while still receiving more.

He did not make a sound when the man took to using his fists, beating into him- pounding into his open flesh. Drops of blood flying from the wounds.

He did not scream as he was beaten with sticks and poles not even as loud crunches of bones breaking and shattering echoed around him.

Eventually the man tired. His arm hanging next to him- exhausted but still lightly swining from momentum. "Why?" he asked "How?" he asked, silence met him. The man leant against the wall staring at the creature in front of him. His once white shirt stained red, little bits of flesh stuck to his glasses.

A low barritone chuckle rose from deep within Jamie, building up before cutting of with a small snarl. He spoke "Nothing, no amount of torture can compete with what I have already been through". He chuckled, it grew and thn he was laughing, a harsh sound. Slowly noises echoed him, comming from around them- the creatures.

The television screen turned black- static filled the screen. They had finally managed to stop the broadcast- but it was too late.