Chapter 65

When Friday finally rolls around, Jackson corners Sevyn at her locker before she can leave. He puts his arms around her waist as she grabs her books from the top shelf. "You busy after school?" He asks her, resting his chin in her neck.

"Nope, why?" She asks, still digging through her locker.

"I have to pick up Jamie from school. She wants to see you." He tells her. "And...the judge granted my dad full custody of her."

Sevyn gasps and turns around, smiling excitedly for him. "That's great! Now Jamie can get away from her evil mother."

"I know but don't tell Jamie yet. She has no idea about it." Jackson says. "I can't wait for her to move in with us. I feel like everything will be complete now."

Sevyn watches his eyes light up. She finds it cute how he adores his sister and vice versa. Sometimes she wishes she had a younger sibling like Jackson and Corey so she can protect them as they idolize her. "I'm happy for you guys. Especially your dad, that must take a load off his shoulders huh?"

"Yeah, he's glad both his kids can be together. My mom is more than happy to welcome Jamie into our house, she already has her own room there all we have to do is gather all her clothes and toys from her moms house by Sunday." He releases her waist as she closes her locker and slings her book bag onto her back. "So will you come with me?"

"Yeah, I miss Jay." She grabs his hand and they walk down the hall to the doors. On their way, they spot Carson and Janine near the office. Things have been quieter than ever before around school and even Sevyn is impressed at how much the atmosphere has changed. "Did you and Janine ever have a thing?" She asks once they get outside.

Jackson furrows his brows while they cross the parking lot to his car. "Not really. We flirted and stuff but things never took off. You took my mind off her."

Sevyn smiles a little. "I'm glad she's turned herself around. She's even working on Carson's nasty attitude and I have to say, this is the longest the school has ever gone without drama."

"Knock on wood," Jackson chuckles as he unlocks the doors and they climb inside his car. Once buckled in, Jackson cranks up the heat and they peel out the parking lot to Jamie's school.

The ride passes by quickly and is filled with them singing along to whatever songs come on the radio. Sevyn laughs because he sings like a wounded moose.

"I can be the next Trey Songz." Jackson comments, nodding his head to the beat.

"Stick to what you're good at." Sevyn retorts, turning up the music. He slaps her hand.

"Never touch the drivers radio." He scolds. "You lucky I don't kick you out my car right now."

Sevyn rolls her eyes at him. His threats don't scare her but you can never be too sure with Jackson. Knowing him he probably would pull over and toss her out the car then go pick up Jamie and come back. And she is not in the mood to stand on the side of the road freezing.

When they walk into the school and make their way to Jamie's kindergarten classroom, they step inside to see that the light is turned off and there are sleeping bags everywhere. Kids are curled up or sprawled out across them, napping peacefully.

"Hello Jackson," A young woman with blonde hair whispers as she walks over.

"Hi Mrs. Bedford," Jackson greets. "This is Sevyn."

Mrs.Bedford exchanges a sweet hello with Sevyn before turning to Jackson again. "Jamie just fell asleep a few minutes ago. She's over by the bookcase."

"Ok thanks." Jackson nods then Mrs.Bedford walks away to greet another parent that just walked in. "You go get Jamie and I'll go get her stuff."

Sevyn says ok and heads across the room to the big bookcase, stepping over small children, books and toys as she goes. When she gets to Jamie, she crouches down and shakes her gently. "Jay...Jayyy." She sings.