Forty-One

Double Update!!! Read chapter 40 first.

Calum's POV

"Okay, everyone will be over soon, for this little birthday family dinner. Do you have Kason's gifts all wrapped up?" I ask, walking out of the bathroom in just a towel.

"All good to go. I can't believe my baby boy turns six tomorrow." Andi frowns.

"I can't believe we only have eight more weeks before these girls are supposed to be here." I smile, rubbing her stomach softly.

"We are getting old, Squish." She sighs.

"As long as I'm getting old with you, I don't mind." I chuckle, heading for the closet to get dressed.

"So Luke, Sierra, Michael, Crystal, Ashton, and KayKay, right? That's all that are coming for the evening." She yells to me.

"Um, no. KayKay isn't coming..." I sigh, "That was why I went to Ashton's Friday, when I wasn't home until like three in the morning. They broke up, and I'm still not completely sure what happened. But we are going to keep it as normal as we can tonight, okay? For his sake?"

"Oh. Poor Ash, maybe I should let him kiss the belly if he asks again." She smirks.

"Might cheer him up a little bit." I laugh, "But he might be too sad to remember to ask. I just wanted you to have a warning."

"Ya, thanks. I won't bring her up. No worries."

"Thanks. Now come on, we have to find the birthday boy." I smile, pulling her out of the room and across the hall, finding Kason sitting on his bed with the dogs, reading them his new book from school.

"Hey, Bug, ready to celebrate your birthday with the band?" I chuckle, getting his attention.

"Ya! I am six years old now." He grins, setting the book to the side.

"No, you are six tomorrow. Today mommy was just in awful pain before the labor started in the middle of the night and you were born the next day." Andi laughs.

"But we are having a party today?"

"Ya, because dad and the band leave for tour tomorrow, remember how dad has all his guitars and suitcases packed by the garage door." Ann sighs.

"Oh ya." Kas frowns, coming over to hug me softly, "You're coming back right?"

"Of course. Not for a couple months, but I'll come when the babies are born. And if the doctor says it's okay you and mom can come visit me too. Or maybe Sierra and Crystal will bring you to visit even if the doctor tells mom no. Like they did when we went to Australia this summer."

"Is it as far as Australia was?" Kas groans.

"No, we are staying in the US. We won't be more than five maybe six hours away on a plane. And it will be a lot easier to call you because it won't be the middle of the night here when it's the middle of the day where I am."

"And I get to see you before you leave?" He looks up at me.

"Yep. I am making special birthday blueberry pancakes for breakfast, and then we will pack up my stuff, and you and mommy will drive me to the airport about lunch time. You aren't going to school tomorrow, okay? So you can say goodbye at the airport."

"Okay. I'm going to miss you, daddy."

"I'm going to miss you too, Kas, can you be my big boy again and take care of mommy for me while I'm gone though?"

"Ya! I like taking care of mommy." He smiles suddenly, I was hoping he would at the idea.

"Good. She is going to need you to help her a lot until the babies get here, and a lot when they are born too."