Forty

Andi's POV

Squish💜

Spencer asked me
to post about
Ashlyn so don't flip
when you see it
please. I love you
Ann, I know I
messed up. Please
come home soon, I'd
like to spend the last
week before tour
with my family.

I sigh, leaning back into the couch and opening Instagram to see what Cal posted about the twins and what happened.

CalumHood

Liked by malikoa and 10,546 othersCalumhood: when Andi found out she was pregnant with twins we were terrified and elated by the news

Calumhood: when Andi found out she was pregnant with twins we were terrified and elated by the news. Only to learn at an appointment nearly halfway through the pregancy that one of the babies had past away. Two and a half weeks later, at the next appointment, the same doctor who informed us of the loss, told Andi very nonchalantly that in fact there had been a mistake and both babies were just fine. Miracle!
Except it wasn't, they had known for nearly two weeks that they had made a mistake, and instead of calling us to inform us of that, they spent two weeks devising a story to tell us to cover their mistake.
As a father, I am going to hold the doctor and clinic responsible for such a mistake accountable. And more importantly accountable for their attempted cover up the mistake. No one should have to go through the pain and grief my family did, not when it isn't necessary. We did not press charges for money, for publicity, for anything, except the simple fact that we do not want anyone to go through the pain we did. We want the doctors and staff involved to learn their lesson, that a human life is worth more than their pride. That a simple phone call and some humility could have saved their asses and shown us they were able to accept the mistakes they made and correct them, the right way.
I'm happy to report we got news that they have lost the settlement and now anyone who googles the clinic will know of the large mistake they have made and how they handled it. The restitution money they have to pay will all be donated to help provide prenatal care to those living in situations that don't allow them to get the care they need.

I like the picture but don't post or respond. It's been two days since Calum and Niall fought, and by some miracle it didn't make it to news stands. Both of them have also stayed hidden away to hide their bruises and injuries, so no one has caught a picture of them looking beat up. I haven't seen how they look either, although Luke said Cal is pretty roughed up.

"You know, you're going to have to talk to him eventually, and by eventually, I mean before they leave on Monday. And for Kason's sake, before his birthday soccer game on Saturday night." Sierra sighs, sitting down beside me on their couch.

"I know. But what do I even say?" I sigh, letting my head drop onto her shoulder.

"That his actions were unacceptable and he hurt you. That he better get this jealous attitude under control quick if he wants to keep his family around. Whatever you feel like telling him. And do it while Kas is at school so you can yell."