Thirteen

Andi's POV

"Oh my gosh! Andi!" I'm nearly blown over as Dani wraps her arms around me.

"Hi." I chuckle.

"You disappeared for like a month! What happened? I hardly believed it when Alena came home excited because Kason was back in class yesterday."

"A lot happened. And I had to deal with it all my way. I really, really do not want to talk about it now. We are back in LA though, and Kason is already dying to come play with Alena again."

"Yes. He can come over today if you want? We have missed you both so much."

"Really? That would be great, then Ricky doesn't have to be interrupted to pick him up."

"Of course. He is welcome at our house anytime."

"Thanks. Trey or Ricky will pick him up tonight for soccer, unless I get out of my session early, but I am not counting on that."

"Okay. ugh, so good to see you again, Andi." She hugs me tightly again.

"You too, Dani. I'm alright, okay? Just had to work through some things is all."

"Good. Let me know who is picking him up and when and I will plan our afternoon around that."

"I will. Gotta get to this session though." I chuckle, hurrying over to my car. I refuse to be late today, I refuse to let Calum think I am afraid to face him still. I am stronger than that.

"ANDI!" I jump as someone screams my name as I exit my car, relaxing as Michael starts laughing, throwing an arm over my shoulders.

"You scared me, Mikey." I chuckle.

"That was the point." He rolls his eyes, "You ready for today?"

"Hey, I'm not the one who did anything wrong remember? He's the one who can't handle life. I'll be fine."

"Now the truth?"

"Scared shitless. I haven't seen him since the awards after party last month when all he wanted was to meet Kason and make everything work great." I sigh.

"Well don't we all wish that version of Calum was still around." He chuckles.
"Don't worry, no one is going to make you talk to him more than necessary. Hey, when do I get to meet Kason? I wanna know my nephew too."

"Whenever you want. Sorry you got ousted with the writing session Monday, I just felt like the song I had going was much more Luke and Ashton's writing style."

"No worries. It was probably best anyway. Cal and I are doing better than he and either of them. It might have been a bad idea to stick one of them in private writing sessions with him right now."

"You are welcome to meet Kason whenever we have time. Calum is not."

"Good. We will find a time then." He smiles, pushing the studio door open and letting me go through in front of him.

I can't help but frown at the picture I see in front of me as we walk in. Ashton and Luke are sitting together laughing about something while Calum sits alone, looking years older than he did last month. Deep set bags under his eyes and stubble that has been growing for at least three days covering his lower face. His hair is buzzed off, and bleached now. And although it looks good, I know it's a desperate cry for help, a sign that things are not okay in his life. I can tell he's put on a little weight, his stomach pudging out slightly, but I don't mind. More of him to love right? Shit, and there it is. Despite the fact that he disowned our son. Despite the fact that he hurt both Kason and I more than I thought possible. I still love him. I still want to understand why he is afraid of this, and what might help change his mind. I still want him to be my Squish.