PROLOGUE

Flashback
November 2012: London, UK

Calum's POV

"Mate, look!" Luke yells from the window as I lay in my bed.

"What?" I laugh, getting up to join him and see what has him so excited.

"Girls!" He grins, pointing to two people out in the street.

"It's pouring rain and like 6° out! They're going to get sick!" I chuckle, watching them nonetheless.

"They look about our age. If we don't go talk to them first Ashton and Mike will."

"Dibs on the purple hair." I grin, running for the closet to get a jacket and my shoes.

"Yes!" He laughs, chasing after me towards the front door once we are ready.

"Where are you two going?" Liz yells from the kitchen.

"Some neighbors are outside, we want to meet them!" Luke yells out behind us.

"Don't get sick!" I hear her warn before the front door slams.

"Ah! It's fucking cold here!" I yell as the rain hits me.

"But girls." Luke laughs, pulling me down the walk to the street where the two girls are still dancing around.

"Hey! You guys want to dance in the rain too?" The girl with purple hair grins when she catches sight of us.

"If that isn't too creepy." Luke nods.

"Of course not, I'm Andi, this is Jane."

"I'm Luke, this is Calum." Luke grins.

"You lads are Australian?" The other girl asks, she has long blond hair brained out of her face.

"Yeah. We are here working on our band." I grin.

"Well, Andi here is going to work in music someday too! She's here to see how the music scene is in London." Jane points at the other girl, who's purple hair is wet and sticking to her face.

"You're studying music at university?" I ask, her grey eyes catching my attention, they are beautiful, contrasting with her purple hair in a captivating way.

"No." She chuckles, "I'm here on an internship. I want to be a song writer. I don't want to be on stage myself."

"Where are you from?" I grin, splashing in a puddle in front of her.
"Born in Dublin, moved to Nashville when I was about seven. I want to live in LA though."

"LA, wouldn't that be amazing! We're just happy to be here even, a little garage band from Sydney getting the opportunity is amazing. We want to make it big though. We are determined to make it big really."

"Me too. I want to write with all the best artists in LA. I want my phone blowing up with calls for writing sessions." She giggles, kicking a puddle so it sprays my legs.

"Hey!" I laugh, "I want to be an artist who calls people like you to help me write songs."

"Yes, please!" She gasps.