Chapter 16

Sans

I don't know how it happened. The fight was by no means quick but to me it was all a blur. I'm not sure when one of Flowey's vines knocked Chara uncouncious. I'm not sure when (Y/N) escaped her restraints. I'm not sure when she crashed the ceiling light into Flowey's head, the shattered glass lodged into the side of his throat. I'm not sure when Flowey shot a large vine through (Y/N) stomach, right in the exact spot her bandages were. 

I'm not sure when I had cradled her bloody body in my arms.

And the blood. God there was SO MUCH BLOOD. I felt something wet run down my face, tears. I was crying, fuck I was so weak. Where did it all go wrong? Just yesterday everything was fine. Could I have done more? What should I have done? I'm so useles-

I felt a hand cup my cheek bone and saw that the hand belonged to (Y/N). She looked so calm. She had a small smile on her face despite the gaping hold in her stomach and the blood on her hands. More tears rolled down my face.

"Sans, it's ok. Everything is going to be okay," (Y/N) whispered.

How could everything be ok?! She was DYING. The girl I was inlove with was dying. A moment of silence passed. I had so many things to say to her but the words were stuck in my throat whenever I looked at (Y/N)'s eyes. 

"Could you smile for me, Sans? Just one smile."

"I'm sorry, dollface. I don't think I can smile right now," I replied.

(Y/N) seemed to think to herself for a second before looking back at me.

"How about a knock, knock joke to help?" 

"Sure." 

"Knock, knock." She said, her eyelids close to closing forever.

"Who's there?"

"Olive."

"Olive who?"

"Olive you."

And she was gone, her hand dropped from my face and her eyes finally closed. I let out a laugh, tears still rushing down. I finally managed to smile.

"Olive you too."

If only she could have seen me smile.