Chapter 6

Sans

Chara and I were now chuckling.

"So let me get this straight! You met you best friend the day you tried to steal her gun?" I wheezed.

Chara giggled, "Now that I think of it, it was kind of silly."

We continued to laugh until a third voice interrupted us. 

"Could you guys keep it down? I'm trying to sleep here." 

We both looked at the bed where a rudely awakened (H/C) haired girl sat up and looked at us. Chara immediately crushed her in a bear hug.

"You know you scared me back there (Y/N)." Chara whispered.

"Heh yea......can you stop cutting off my oxygen supply now?"

Chara quickly released (Y/N) and sat back down in her chair.

"Yea sorry I'm just really happy you're awake."

(Y/N) chuckled before Chara decided to make it awkward by bringing me into the conversation.

"Oh (Y/N) meet Sans, Sans (Y/N)." Chara introduced me.

"Pleasure to know the name of the guy who almost killed me." She replied.

Que the awkward tension. 

"Uh....sorry about that..." I said as I scratched the back of my neck.

"Don't sweat it. At least I'm alive." 

"So how do you feel?" Chara asked her.

"Like I got stabbed through the stomach." She deadpanned which sent another wave of guilt through me.

A moment of silence. 'God this is awkward.'

"Welp I'm hungry." (Y/N) stated.

"Yea me too. I've been waiting by your bedside for like 5 hours now." Chara responded.

"Wow a new record!"

"Record of what?" I asked her.

"A record of the amount of time away from chocolate." (Y/N) replied I started laughing uncontrollably.

"Now can some one help me up?" She asked us but mostly directed the question at Chara. 

She got out of bed, with the help of Chara and we went to the mess hall. Once we got there we saw Asriel, Undyne, Papyrus, Alphys and Gaster all sitting at one table while Toriel and Asgore were sitting at another. As soon as Tori saw us enter the mess hall she politely excused herself and rushed over to (Y/N) with a concerned look. 

"My child, are you alright? I heard you were severely injured!" Toriel asked, concern laced in her voice.

(Y/N) seemed taken aback by Tori's actions but it didn't faze her too much.

"Umm....yes I'm fine Miss..."

"Please, call me Toriel." Tori replied.

"Miss Toriel, thanks for worrying." 

"Not a problem my child. You must be hungry, I'll fetch you something to eat." Toriel was about to make her way to the trays of food when (Y/N) stopped her.

"No no it's fine Miss Toriel! I can get it myself." 

"Nonsense! You're still heali-" 

That's when Toriel looked behind (Y/N) and saw Chara, trying to avoid eye contact.