Chapter 11

(Y/N)

The girls had decided to go dress shopping, and to drag me along with them. We went to this street where there were a bunch of women's essentials stores. I was actually having a nice time until we went into the perfume store. At that moment, I wished I could rip my nose off my face and burn it. Undyne's the lucky one in this situation, she doesn't have a nose. I still don't know how she buys perfumes. For once I felt like a normal girl shopping with friends and trying on dresses that we probably won't buy. It was a relaxing change of atmosphere. Undyne wanted a dress that made her look, I quote, "fierce". 

"Hey (Y/N) what do you think about this dress?" Chara asked me, snapping me out of my thoughts.

The baby blue dress featured a lovely off shoulder draped bodice with shirring and sash, and a long full skirt. I was kind of surprised by Chara's choice of dress, this one just doesn't seem like her style but I had to admit that the dress was beautiful.

"It's a great dress but if I'm being honest it's not really....you." I choose my words carefully since Chara and I haven't exactly had full conversations with each other since the incident at Grillby's.  

Chara grinned before replying, "Well good because this dress seems to be your size." 

She tossed the dress in my direction while I protested.

"What! I mean it's a really really beautiful dress and all but I can't pull it off!" I kept on protesting.

Chara and Undyne gave each other a knowing looking before smiling in my direction. 

"Why are you two looking at me like that?" I asked nervously as I backed away.

They pounced on me and dragged me to a changing room while I yelled out protests.

"Seriously! I am NOT wearing that dress! Let me go!"

The store clerk looked us weirdly but then returned to talking on her phone. Undyne threw me into the changing room with the dress and barricaded it from the outside. 

"Just try it on! You'll look great." Chara reassured me.

I huffed in defeat and tried on the dress before knocking on the door.

"I've put it on now can you let me out of here?" 

I heard a bunch of shifting outside and then the door opened. I put a hand on my hip and waited for a response from the girls. When the girls just stared at me for a full minute I grew nervous.

"Gosh, do I look that bad?" I asked.

"SANS IS GOING TO LOVE IT!!" Undyne yelled out and high fived Chara while Alphys squealed in the background. 

'That explains the color scheme.' I paused and rolled my eyes at the girls then got back into the dressing room to change back into my original, much more comfortable clothes. We stayed in the dress store for an entire hour and by 'stay' I mean, look through clothes while talking about random things and by 'we' I mean the girls while I silently ate some of Chara's chocolate, only joining the conversation a few times because I didn't want to intrude. Chara had picked out a dark green strapless gown with a close-fitting bodice that ends in a petal shape at a full pleated skirt. Undyne got herself a black gown with a fitted bodice and a full skirt composed of pleated panels. Since Alphys was having trouble choosing a dress I decided to help her out and we finally settled on a dark blue dress that has a basic full skirt and a bodice with a shaped black applique in a half moon. The skirt was decorated with more black half-moon shaped appliques.(Anybody knows how to speak fashion? Because I sure don't.) We paid for our dresses and left the (rather angry) store clerk to organize the pile of clothes that we had tried on. The gala was in 3 days so the girls went back to the base to sort out their new makeup sets and such while I headed to Grillby's. I was going there so often these days I was on a first name basis with most of the monsters regulars. On my second cup of coffee, a trio of men came into the bar. This would have been fine if it was for how sketchy the men looked. They were wearing fedoras that shadowed their faces and huge trench coats that reached their ankles. I wasn't sure if they were trying to look sketchy or they just had terrible disguises but none the less I knew something was about to go down. After all, it was quite clear to me that they were monster haters. And I sure as hell wasn't going to get my dress damaged in the crossfire. 

"Hey, Grills."

"Hm?"

"Could you hold on to my dress for a while?"

Grillby gave me a questioning look as I handed him my shopping bag. 

"Why?" He asked me. 

"I don't want it to get ruined with what's going to happen next," I stated, loading my gun.

"What's going to-" 

Bang Bang

The men started to shoot at the monsters and a fight broke out. Bullet holes in the walls, broken furniture everywhere and a bunch of barking and growling from the dog monsters. It was absolute chaos. I punched a guy in the gut and pointed my gun at his head.

"Sayonara." 

Click

My eyes grew wide with worry when nothing happened. 

Click Click

I was out of bullets. 

"SON OF A-" I was interrupted by the man punching me square in the face.

 I chucked my gun onto the ground and wiped the blood that was dripping from my nose. 'Oh, he's going to get it now!' I roundhouse kicked him to the ground and was about to stomp on where the moon shone brightly (the you-know-where) when I noticed a tattoo on the side of his neck. It's not just any tattoo either, it was the letter 'H' in a squiggly cursive font and I knew all too well what it meant. This wasn't just a trio of humans who had a grudge against monsters and wanted to take their anger out by wrecking a monster bar, it was a whole mafia.

"Humanity," I whispered, still distracted by the tattoo.

The man quickly took this opportunity to grab and twist my ankle causing me to fall to the ground. The man stood over me and I was able to punch him in the nuts. Then, I saw fire shoot at his hair causing the many to run out of the bar since this place had no water. I turned to look at the source of the fire to see a familiar blue fire monster, still holding my undamaged dress bag. 

"I had it under control," I grumbled, frowning.

"Sure you did." 

Yo Yo! It's Mystery here and I hope you enjoyed this horribly written chapter. I have to admit that this isn't my best one. I gotta go now
Bye my lovely hearts~