Chapter 12

(Y/N)

The night of the gala arrived. It was a magical evening for all the monsters in Duran, with the exception of the three humans, Frisk, Chara and myself. Chara seemed slightly uncomfortable in the dress but still looked good. The boys went to Mettaton Manor  first because apparently, 'girls take too long to get ready.' Well, excuse us for wanting to look pretty at a party!. Anyways, as soon as we arrive I went to the food table since I skipped lunch. I grabbed a wine glass in my left hand and a cocktail shrimp in the other. 

"Deja vu much?" I mumbled.

"I see someone's enjoying the food." I heard Sans say behind me.

"It's not my fault the food is absolutely divine," I replied chuckling.

Sans took a glass of wine as well and chugged it in one go. 

"Mettaton may throw good parties but the alcohol they serve is pretty weak," He said throwing the glass behind his back.

I could hear someone yell "Ow! My leg!" behind him. Sans just shrugged at this. 

"Hey did I mention that Frisk and I are performing here?" He asked.

"Actually no. I didn't know you had talent!" I teased him, snickering a little.

He put his hand where his soul would be and acted offended. 

"Oh, you wound me (Y/N)!" He said dramatically as I giggled.

I see Frisk walk up to us behind Sans.

"Hey Sans! We're going to have to perform in 5 minutes. Let's roll!" Frisk exclaimed. 

"Welp, that's my cue to leave. See ya later sweetcheeks." 

Sans walked away and 5 minutes later music starts to play. AND IT'S NOT JUST ANY MUSIC! IT'S JAZZ MUSIC! 

 AND IT'S NOT JUST ANY MUSIC! IT'S JAZZ MUSIC! 

(Art not by me)

Chara walks up to me with a cocktail in her hand. We both watched the boys perform on stage in silence. It was sort of awkward. I decided to say something.

"Who knew Frisk could sing like that?" I said not looking at her.

"Yeah, he's pretty good." 

More silence.

"You know we haven't really talked with each other for a while." Chara started.

"Yeah.." 

We both just stood there, not daring to look at each other. Chara sighed and looked over at me.

"Look, I know I haven't really made an effort to talk to you but you're still my best friend." 

"It sure doesn't feel like it..." I mumbled.

"What?" She asked, surprised that I said something.

"I know that you're going through something difficult with being back with your family after a long time and I'll support you no matter what but.." I looked at her.

"Have you thought about how I feel? I don't belong here Chara and I never will."

"I'm packing my bags and going back to the warehouse tomorrow. I just can't do this anymore." I stated and placed my wine glass on the food table before walking away.

The music changed from Jazz to a slow song. Sans was walking in my direction when I was suddenly yanked away from him by a man. 

"May I have this dance?" The man asked me.

I looked around trying to spot Sans but couldn't find him anywhere. I looked back at the man. He had blond hair that shadowed his pale freckled face and wore a green suit. The thing that stuck out to me was that he was human! I didn't know there were other humans in the mafia. 'Well one dance won't hurt, right?'

"Yes, you may." I curtsied.

The man put his left hand on my waist while his right hand was in mine. We began to dance along with the rest of the crowd. You know how in Disney movies when the prince and princess dance it looks all whimsical and magical?  Well, in reality, it's kinda just awkward. We don't talk to each other and I have to keep looking down to make sure I don't trip or step on his feet. 

"Chin up kid! Why do you look so down?" He asked, grinning.

'Wait, that voice......Why is it so familiar?' I looked up at the man's face and then, it hit me like a teenager suddenly understanding a meme their friend sent them. 'Wait, memes don't exist yet.' Hush. Don't break the fourth wall.

"Mr. Smiles?"  I asked in shock.

The man's, Mr. Smiles, grin widened.

"The one and only."

"But what are you-" 

He took a napkin from his pocket and quickly covered my nose with it. I tried to struggle but my entire body just felt so....tired. My eyes slowly shut and I fell unconscious. 

Woah! I finally got a proper chapter out! Hi there everyone, Mystery here and I hope you didn't forget that Mr. Smiles existed. In the next chapter, you will find out his identity and plans. That's all folks
Bye my beautiful hearts~