Chapter 10

(Y/N)

Everything was so beautiful. The chandeliers were sparking and the floor was so shiny, I could see my reflection in it. Frisk was a surprisingly good singer, he's putting on quite the show on stage. This gala looked like the ones in the movies. Absolutely magnificent. I don't remember why we were at a gala but I don't care. I was wearing a black wide collar belted joan pencil dress (a.k.a a weird dress name) with black gloves that reached up to my elbows and black heels. I was currently holding a glass of wine in one hand and a cocktail shrimp in the other. 

"Looks like someone's enjoying the food." I heard a voice behind me. 

I turned around to see Sans in a dark blue suit and tie. He gave me a smile and I smiled back. 

"Hey! It's not my fault the food tastes good." I replied chuckling.

Sans laughed as well then he held out his hand.

"Care to dance, doll face?"

I took Sans's hand and we walked to the dance floor. We were having so much fun when suddenly he was gone. I looked around but couldn't find Sans anywhere. Then I spotted Undyne, Alphys and Chara talking in a corner of the ballroom. 'Maybe they'll know where Sans is.' I thought. I started to walk towards then but then it was like all the lights broke and the only one working was the one lighting up the corner where the girls were. I kept on walking but with every step I took the girls were farther and farther away from me. I started to run, the ground became muddy, like if I stopped running I would sink and drown. I yelled out their names but it was as if they were deaf.

"Undyne! Alphys! Come on turn around! Chara!" I yelled out and this time Chara turned to look at me. 

I smiled widely at my success but then Chara's smile turned into a sneer and what she said next broke my heart.

"Don't ruin this for me, (Y/N)."

Tears ran down my face. I let myself fall backwards and sink into the dark abyss.

I woke up with a gasp.

Boom

"Ow."

And fell off 'my' bed face first onto the floor. I sat up on the floor and brought my knees up to my chest.

"It was just a dream." I whispered to myself. 

I looked at the clock that hung on the wall, 8:00 am. I woke up later than usual today. I got up and did my morning routine before heading to the mess hall. 'I could just quickly grab some coffee and head out to the roof without getting noticed.' I thought as I opened the ridiculously large doors of the mess hall to see Chara, Frisk and Undyne looking high while Sans looked like he was done with life. They all stopped and saw my unamused face.

"I'm not even going to ask."

Then I left the mess hall. 'I guess I'm heading to Grillby's.'  I walked to the garage and got on the same red motorcycle from the girls' night. Once I arrived at Grillby's I sat down on a stool and dropped my head onto the counter.

"The usual?" A familiar fire monster asked me.

"Yup."

"(Y/N) I don't think fries and coffee is a healthy breakfast." 

"Then what else can I get in this place?" I asked as I sat up straight.

"I can get you some toast and eggs." The blue flame replied before disappearing into the back room.

"Don't forget the coffee!" I called out.

"I won't!"

I heard the door of the bar open and close behind me. I didn't expect it to be anyone I knew so I didn't turn around. That was until the person sat on the stool beside me. I looked to my right and saw Sans.

"Hey there doll. Come here often?" He joked.

"More than you think." I replied with a small smile.

 "Hey so do you know Mettaton?" Sans asked.

"You mean the flamboyant, self-centered, pink obsessed celebrity robot?" I said.

"Yea."

"Nope haven't heard of them." I answered trying to lighten the mood.

He chuckled at my sarcasm. 

"Well anyways, Mettaton is a friend of our's and their birthday is in a week so they're having some sort of fancy gala." He explained and I stiffened at his words.

'I'm awake right?' I pinched myself while closing my eyes before looking back at Sans. 'Yup definitely not a dream.' He gave me a questioning look before shrugging. 

"So I wanted to ask-" Sans said but was interrupted by Grillby.

Grillby placed my fried egg on toast and a cup of coffee in front of me while Sans cursed under his breath. 

"Here you go."

"Thanks Grills." I said digging into my breakfast.

Grillby turned to Sans.

"What would you like Sans?"

"A bottle of ketchup would be nice." Sans replied.

Grillby gave Sans a bottle a ketchup which I didn't question before going back into the back room but not before giving Sans a subtle wink. 

"Back to what I wanted to ask..umm." Sans hesitated, blushing bright blue.

'Aww he's got a crush on me.' Of course I knew he had a crush on me, I wasn't dense. He was blushing a lot and joked about stuff more around me, probably to hide the fact that he was nervous. But it wasn't love. It's just a silly high school crush.

"I was wondering if..if you wanted to bemydateforthegala."He said the last part too quickly but I got the memo.

"Sure." I answered before drinking the rest of my coffee and putting some money on the counter. I got up and walked to the door.

"See you then." I said over my shoulder before exiting the bar.

I got onto 'my' motorcycle and drove back to base. Once I got near my room I was ambushed by A RABID ANIMAL! Oh wait, it's just Undyne. Alphys stood behind her.

"Hey (Y/N)! Did Sans ask you on a date for the gala yet or did he chicken out?" Undyne asked me.

"Yea, he asked me."

"And you said yes! I-I me-ean d-did you s-say yes?" Alphys asked.

I chuckled before answering, "I said yes." 

"You know what that means!" Undyne got back onto her feet and exclaimed.

I looked at her confusion clear on my face.

"What?" I asked.

Undyne and Alphys gave each other a knowing look.

"DRESS SHOPPING!" They both yelled in unison.

Howdy there readers, it's Mystery here and I hoped you enjoyed this chapter where Sans asks Reader Chan on a date! But unlike in other x Reader fanfics, the reader isn't blind to love! Congrats you have an average IQ. Hurray! I seriously hate it when in x Reader fan fictions where the reader is practically blind and can't see that (hot fictional character) is in love with them so I decided to add a little twist into mine. Well I hope you vote and comment because.....I want affection.
Bye my lovely hearts~